• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Paxton Lynch and his recruitment

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Geesh, dude, really?  You're arguing a different point.  Here's what you said that is silly (and I'm being polite by not say SAF):

"Bortles was not the catalyst for UCF, he was just along for the ride."

Yes, he has excellent receivers, and NO ONE is discounting them or their impact.  But to say Bortles was along for the ride is just, well...SAF. 

What is wrong with you?  You have your opinion, I have mine.  I provided evidence, you have provided none.  I didn't mock you, even though you are wrong.  Why you insist on a personal attack of my opinion is rather mind boggling.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

No one knew who this guy was or would be. It just hurts that the HC wasn't there to see him with his own eyes.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,108
  • Days Won:  6

I'd be very surprised if this exchange happened 100% exactly like his dad is telling it it. Much like how Chase Litton went on and on about how the current coaching staff screwed him. Or Brion Carnes before him. High School kids seem to see things a bit differently than they actually are. But, in the absence of ever getting to hear the other side of the story, Lynch's version gets to be the official account of his recruiting and how USF blew it.

I was trying to figure out a way of saying this but I think you did a better job than I could.  I think the "they just walked away" quote came from the dad but I agree, we don't really know both sides of this.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

Tall gangly kid who was injured and played in a wingT offense? Couldn't blame the staff if they didn't take that guy.

However, that's why colleges have camps so they can evaluate kids for themselves. It's up to the staff to see if the kid has athleticism or ability that could translate. The staff watched Lynch on our campus, running drills like other players and decided he wasn't worth a scholarship offer. Ultimately that's on our staff for being wrong. The fact that only Memphis and FAMU offered him supports that decision but man it sucks when we miss one that would have come to us if an offer had been made.

was he on campus the weekend skip was out golfing? :D

I don't think it's been established that Skip was there ... This may have been the Golfgate camp.

missed this one :D

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

What is wrong with you?  You have your opinion, I have mine.  I provided evidence, you have provided none.  I didn't mock you, even though you are wrong.  Why you insist on a personal attack of my opinion is rather mind boggling.

Just got done reading this back and forth, and I find the feigned offense to what Jupiter said amusing.  That aside, you are using the term "evidence" very loosely as to what you actually provided.  If you have watched Blake Bortles in the NFL, the kid has what it takes to be a successful QB.   

They did have some solid WRs, but there are many factors as to why UCF has collapsed, the WRs going pro is just one of them.  You correlating the collapse of UCF football based solely on an argument of the WRs going pro is pretty simplistic.

Bortles has what it takes to be a good pro, provided he gets the coaching it will take to get there.  Jury's out on that one. 

Edited by GaUSFBull
changed some text anticipating poster I quoted trying to wriggle out of what he said
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

Even though I think Fuente is a better coach than O'Leary, I think there's a lot of similarities between Memphis (Lynch years) and UCF (Bortles years). There's going to be a significant drop-off when Lynch leaves for the NFL after this year. I think Fuente is gone as well and Memphis will struggle to become bowl eligible next year. Lynch is just a diamond in the rough recruit that doesn't come along that often that every school missed on. I doubt Fuente knew he'd be this good at this point, just like I doubt O'Leary thought Bortles would be that good. You guys got very lucky and it will be extremely hard to repeat that position (QB) success.

CRkoHq_UsAEyq4T.jpg

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I can't tell if you're serious, as you seem to view your opinion is "evidence", but my facts stating is only my opinion.  You act like Bortles was the Trent Dilfer of the Ravens SB.  So, if you really are serious, and not just trolling, a few opinions that some might see as facts.

1.  Bortles was drafted in the first round, early.  And, he's leading his team, and getting better each week.

2. Perriman was drafted in the 1st, and he's excellent.  The others are nowhere to be found, NFL wise (Hall is on & off with the Bucs, not sure about the others).  So, yes, they were excellent college WRs, but Bortles was/is clearly the highest level of NFL talent.  As to Storm Johnson, not even sure if he's still in the NFL (don't care enough to look).

3. Under Bortles, UCF went 11-1 & won the Fiesta Bowl.  Next year (yes, other talent left), and they drop a fair amount.  Could be the loss of Bortles hurt the most.

All that said, and your ironic arrogance is stating you're right & I'm wrong despite ACTUAL evidence noted above...I do apologize for being to testy.  I normally agree with your POV, and don't usually snipe.  So, again, my apologies, DB.

• Upvote 1

They just showed lynch's high school stats for his career and they were 10 tds, 10 ints, comp % was like 51% and his total yds throwing were like 1100 total.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,505
  • Days Won:  422

They just showed lynch's high school stats for his career and they were 10 tds, 10 ints, comp % was like 51% and his total yds throwing were like 1100 total.

Link backing that up:  http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/paxton-lynch/x5SAO_TqEeKZ5AAmVebBJg/gendersport/football-stats.htm

:facepalm: to those trying to make a big deal out of this ...