• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Randy Edsall available

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Who cant out coach Taggs?  Not hard to do if you have a half a brain minimum and some football IQ. 

The Memphis game plan seemed to be hang around, minimize mistakes, let Taggart beat himself.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

can we make runs at Bo Pelini or Al Golden before we sink this low? Edsall? Schianno? Those are terrible names for a USF coach.

My friend, you are living in a world of serious delusion if you think Bo Pelini is going to leave Oklahoma to coach at USF.  If Al Goden gets fired, there is a very small chance we might possibly convince him to come to USF, but he will probably have better offers as well.

Edsall?  Schiano?  Those are going to be the best names on our list.  It's either one of them or a young coach from a smaller school or a coordinator somewhere.  Even Lane Kiffen is better off being Alabama's coordinator than being our head coach.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Edsall is in his 5th season. 2-10, 4-8, 7-6, 7-6 (3 year extension) and will get axed this season. 

After watching this dumpster fire, that is looking pretty good.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

My friend, you are living in a world of serious delusion if you think Bo Pelini is going to leave Oklahoma to coach at USF.  If Al Goden gets fired, there is a very small chance we might possibly convince him to come to USF, but he will probably have better offers as well.

Edsall?  Schiano?  Those are going to be the best names on our list.  It's either one of them or a young coach from a smaller school or a coordinator somewhere.  Even Lane Kiffen is better off being Alabama's coordinator than being our head coach.

again. Umm? I said make a run, trying does not always guarantee an outcome. i just want to see a good faith effort that leaves no stone unturned. (Of/when Taggart is relieved of his duty.)

Also, Bo Pelini is the coach at Youngstown State, not Oklahoma... If we can't hang with a program of that caliber we may need to reconsider our commitment to football.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

http://ysusports.com/sports/fball/coaches/index 

Edited by HR Bull

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

Actually, Golden would probably come here if offered-Miami has turned into a dumpster fire under him. But God no,  no thank you. Go read the Canes boards. He's barely recruiting the Miami kids and keeps reaching back up north to NJ and PA for recruits-when he's sitting on the biggest trove of talent in the country. There's a reason we were able to pick off guys like Hoggins and Robbins (although he hasn't turned out well, he had offers from good programs)-these guys were productive kids who who would have jumped on a chance to go to Miami,  but didn't even get offered. Heck, Robbins took OVs to Oklahoma, WVU, and Louisville. I can't speak to the first two, but I have no doubt Louisville was a legitimate offer under Charlie Strong-and yet Golden said "Pass!" 

Right now my guess is Eddie Gran. Great Florida recruiter, clearly knows offense (that is not a Tuberville strength), should be able to take advantage of the talent we have here. I wouldn't rule out anyone from Arizona or UCLA either.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Not a fan of Schiano  as a person (for beating our Bulls so often) But he did take one of the WORST D1 programs (Rutgers) and turned them into a decent team, one that routinely beat our Bulls even when we were ranked #2 in the nation with our best coach in our programs history.   I could suppress personal feelings if he was hired and brought the same winning and type of football team here.  Winning cures ALL.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Edsall wouldn't change up styles at all, so there wouldn't be a point in firing Tags.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,262
  • Days Won:  1

Edsall most likely will end up in orlando which would be okay with me. I'd prefer Davis if we can get him

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

They should have never fired Ralph Friedgen.  Guy was ACC coach of the year and they fired him.  Stupid is as stupid does!

How many years removed was he the ACC Coach of the Year? We fired the Big East Basketball Coach of the Year.