• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gibbons Cleared to Play

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

All 6'0" or less...

He is listed at 6' even and 209 pounds, but some say he is actually about 5'11".  Either way, he is considered "undersized," ...

Six feet tall and about 190 pounds is what they say ____ is...

since starting as a freshman.  In that year (2008)  he threw for 3,486 yards and 25 touchdowns.  He followed that up with a sophomore season that included another 3,536 yards and 39 touchdowns.  His junior year he upped his yard total to 3,845 and still managed 35 TDs... 

At 5'10"—and some say more like 5'9"—and 180 pounds...

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

I don't think he's ready to play. He's been dinged pretty much his entire time here and probably needs a good deal of practice to get back into game shape. Even then that's assuming he's developed enough to be a college starter at this point in his career regardless of conditioning. 

If he does play it tells you something about the sorry state of our O-Line. Losing Bethel really hurt us in that department.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,803
  • Days Won:  0

All 6'0" or less...

He is listed at 6' even and 209 pounds, but some say he is actually about 5'11".  Either way, he is considered "undersized," ...

Six feet tall and about 190 pounds is what they say ____ is...

since starting as a freshman.  In that year (2008)  he threw for 3,486 yards and 25 touchdowns.  He followed that up with a sophomore season that included another 3,536 yards and 39 touchdowns.  His junior year he upped his yard total to 3,845 and still managed 35 TDs... 

At 5'10"—and some say more like 5'9"—and 180 pounds...

Am  missing something who are you talking about with those numbers?

Edited by Bullrush33

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  131

Might be our best OL from the first snap..... we need more physicality on our team ;)

I'm always amazed to hear folks here comment about a player expected to be the best at his position long before said player has even played one snap of college ball.  It's great news to hear about Gibbons, but how often does a freshman OL make a huge impact? Yeah, he's a big guy, but as far as being a starter right now, Gibbons hasn't really matured physically due to his age. Let's not throw the guy into the mix just yet until the kid is fully ready.  Right now, there's a lot of college experience on the Bulls' OL, and while they are not always consistent, I think I'd take the three seniors and two juniors over a freshman at this point.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Might be our best OL from the first snap..... we need more physicality on our team ;)

I'm always amazed to hear folks here comment about a player expected to be the best at his position long before said player has even played one snap of college ball.  It's great news to hear about Gibbons, but how often does a freshman OL make a huge impact? Yeah, he's a big guy, but as far as being a starter right now, Gibbons hasn't really matured physically due to his age. Let's not throw the guy into the mix just yet until the kid is fully ready.  Right now, there's a lot of college experience on the Bulls' OL, and while they are not always consistent, I think I'd take the three seniors and two juniors over a freshman at this point.

The #1 pasttime on this board is crowning the next savior of USF football long before they've shown it on the field. This board has been rife with it the past month or so.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

The real question is can Flowers see over him? I think Flowers could be good but not when he sees the field like this:

image.jpg

+1...good point.  But I also think we have to get our biggest bodies out there if they can play.  Mack and Tice seem to always be one good black away from a big gain.

I'll have to check the roster but I think ALL of our O linemen are taller than QF ....

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,624

Grothe was only 6 ft. BJ Daniels was 5''11. Manziel is 6 ft. Drew Brees is 6t.  What does the size of the QB matter?

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831

Grothe was only 6 ft. BJ Daniels was 5''11. Manziel is 6 ft. Drew Brees is 6t.  What does the size of the QB matter?

When it comes to the combine.

Don't want to be confused with a WR or TE.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

QB height does matter.  The examples you mentioned were able to overcome it.  So far, it appears that Flowers has not.  He doesn't seem to be able to see the receivers in the middle of the field.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

+1...good point.  But I also think we have to get our biggest bodies out there if they can play.  Mack and Tice seem to always be one good black away from a big gain.

The blocks the backs need to hit the homerun are at the WR level. Our WRs haven't blocked worth a dang most of the year. That includes the running game and the bubble screens.

• Upvote 2