• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How a different coach handled losing

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  256
  • Days Won:  0

Which is why I hope the home (lack of) crowds turn the heat up with their dissatisfaction the rest of the season, like they did in Holtz's dog turd of a finale against Pitt, when the Pitt team couldn't have possibly been less interested and still won easily. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

Nothing like your coach putting all the blame on you and taking credit when things go well. Anyone who has ever had a manager do this knows it is toxic.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Nothing like your coach putting all the blame on you and taking credit when things go well. Anyone who has ever had a manager do this knows it is toxic.

Lucky for team cwt only gets credit for things going well 30% of time.

In the end coaching is done behind scenes not at podium and from the looks so far he was a terrible hire.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

cwt doesnt know what he is doing

i saw this year one

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Some people on TBP seem to be either:

• The boss that takes all the credit for success and blames his/her subordinates for their failure.

OR

• Are under the delusion that coaching a football team is different than managing any other team of people.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

It's pretty simple, Butch Jones is a better, and more experienced coach.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I still say sometimes you have to call out the players to get them to accept accountability for poor execution, especially in this entitlement generation. He called out a lack of fundamentals, then prescribed hard practices focusing on fundamentals before the next game.  Whether or not those are the big problems may be debatable, but he's addressing the problems as he saw them, so he's taking some accountability as the coach. Hopefully it pays off tonight.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I still say sometimes you have to call out the players to get them to accept accountability for poor execution, especially in this entitlement generation. He called out a lack of fundamentals, then prescribed hard practices focusing on fundamentals before the next game.  Whether or not those are the big problems may be debatable, but he's addressing the problems as he saw them, so he's taking some accountability as the coach. Hopefully it pays off tonight.

Sometimes, maybe.  CWT does this all the time.

When we hired CWT, he talked about how the WKU team was struggling and he spent a week getting two hours sleep each night until he figured out how to fix the team.  Now all he talks about it how the players need to fix the team.  

Where is the hungry coach that would do whatever he could to make the team better?  That's the guy I want to see.  I don't think he made the trip down from Kentucky.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Dude you have no idea what he is doing behind closed doors. All I know is that all the things he said in his post-game press conference about the players not executing and losing focus on fundamentals were true (even though they were trite and basically meaningless). There are SO MANY things that you could criticize Taggart for - his losing record speaks for itself (or how about the fact that the players are still not executing in his third year) - but doing it based on a press conference is just dumb.

Also, have you ever managed people? If you don't recognize that there is a difference between being a college football coach "managing" over a hundred 18-21 year olds and managing a group of office workers, I don't know what to tell you. There are certainly some shared principles but to say the job and strategies are no different is crazy.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

Sometimes, maybe.  CWT does this all the time.

When we hired CWT, he talked about how the WKU team was struggling and he spent a week getting two hours sleep each night until he figured out how to fix the team.  Now all he talks about it how the players need to fix the team.  

Where is the hungry coach that would do whatever he could to make the team better?  That's the guy I want to see.  I don't think he made the trip down from Kentucky.

Maybe there are 1.1 million reasons???