• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QF vs. SB

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I'm over this debate.

3 games in, I do not believe that either of these guys has the ability to produce a win the other could not.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

It is really a debate of a 5 vs a 4.5 out of 10 qb. Flowers is "better" and has a higher ceiling but neither has the ability to move the offense like we want to see it. (please SB or QF prove this wrong)

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

I do. I could be wrong but I think we have the talented backfield that would open up if we could make a few throws. At this point it's an option that should at least be explored otherwise we know what the rest of our season will look like.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,624
  • Days Won:  0

QF's feet have saved some drives and his decision making, or the lack of passing attempts, has been pretty good. Steven Bench looked great in game one. Lets be real  though. The guy has been mediocre in every game he's played in. I feel like if Bench were in our passing game would be more potent, but we would probably have a lot more turnovers. 

Honestly I hope Kean steps up and beats them both out at this point.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

It doesn't matter and Flowers is a sophomore who can develop with playing time.  Bench is a better passer, but not really a better all around QB.  If he is better it's incremental or he'd be playing.  There's no reason to develop him further as this is his last year.

I don't see a problem using him situationally to get him some playing time, but he's not the future.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,624
  • Days Won:  0

It would also help if our passing game consisted of more than just, -2 yard bubble screen and streak route. Why is it so difficult to figure out a bubble screen. Hundreds of teams can run it in the correct way except us

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

So, I'm assuming you guys who are now trying to make your case for either QB in this thread are the ones who voted "yes" in the poll?

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

It doesn't matter and Flowers is a sophomore who can develop with playing time. Bench is a better passer, but not really a better all around QB. If he is better it's incremental or he'd be playing. There's no reason to develop him further as this is his last year.

I don't see a problem using him situationally to get him some playing time, but he's not the future.

This

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

Play both QBs but with some trickeration to keep the defense guessing. Have QF throw the deep ball and SB run the triple option.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Flowers can extend plays when the line breaks down (when, not if). That's my sole reason for "yes".