• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QF vs. SB

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

My reason for picking "no" is that they both suck. And, oh yeah, CWT is our offensive coordinator. 

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

QF's feet have saved some drives and his decision making, or the lack of passing attempts, has been pretty good. Steven Bench looked great in game one. Lets be real though. The guy has been mediocre in every game he's played in. I feel like if Bench were in our passing game would be more potent, but we would probably have a lot more turnovers.

Honestly I hope Kean steps up and beats them both out at this point.

This is a false statement...Pls go read the Start Bench thread. In fact QF has thrown a pick eve game he has started and was sacked numerous times when. He had to throw.

Agree that QF can so things SB can't when the play breaks down...i think everyone can agree to that right? :)

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Here's my take:

We've seen enough of Bench over the last, what, 2 years to know he's not the savior of USF football.  He's literally the Josh McCown/Bucs version of a USF QB.  He rattles under pressure, makes bad decisions and has done nothing to separate himself from any QB he's ever been in competition with.  

That's not SB hate - that's truth.  I've just never been impressed with him and he's a liability in the backfield.

I haven't seen QF be a liability to the extent I've seen Bench.  Bench is definitely the better passer, but behind this O-line, if that's the only plus you have, it's not enough.  I said this in another thread, the time for developing Bench is over.  He's gone after this year and we have Flowers for two more years.  If we play Bench and Flowers sits, it does this team no good whatsoever moving forward.  However, Flowers is not the savior of USF football.  I get it.  

That's not QF love - it's truth.  I'm not impressed with what I've seen from him overall, but he brings positives like superior mobility and his decision-making, while not perfect, hasn't been disastrous.

Our chances of winning with either one?  About the same, and probably not good.   That alone tells me we need to roll with Flowers moving forward.  

It doesn't matter and Flowers is a sophomore who can develop with playing time. Bench is a better passer, but not really a better all around QB. If he is better it's incremental or he'd be playing. There's no reason to develop him further as this is his last year.

I don't see a problem using him situationally to get him some playing time, but he's not the future.

Like I have said in other threads if a QB gives us a betterchance to win now I am all for this...the future Iis unknown and if I were CWT next yr means nothing to me if I am fired.

QF's feet have saved some drives and his decision making, or the lack of passing attempts, has been pretty good. Steven Bench looked great in game one. Lets be real though. The guy has been mediocre in every game he's played in. I feel like if Bench were in our passing game would be more potent, but we would probably have a lot more turnovers.

This is a false statement...Pls go read the Start Bench thread. In fact QF has thrown a pick eve game he has started and was sacked numerous times when. He had to throw.

Agree that QF can so things SB can't when the play breaks down...i think everyone can agree to that right? :)

What is a false statement?  Please clarify.

If you're talking about sacks - every QB gets sacked.  I'd rather a QB take a sack than try to force the ball while feeling the pressure, unless he's throwing it out of bounds.  Bench has forced the ball too many times for my liking, which is when a good number of his picks happen.

What is a false statement?  Please clarify.

If you're talking about sacks - every QB gets sacked.  I'd rather a QB take a sack than try to force the ball while feeling the pressure, unless he's throwing it out of bounds.  Bench has forced the ball too many times for my liking, which is when a good number of his picks happen.

Sry that if SB was in we would have a lot more turn overs...

Neither one is the QB next year. It just doesn't matter at all.

If Woulard goes down, do you want a guy that's started 4 games in his college career, or do you want a guy that's started 13?  

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Neither one is the QB next year. It just doesn't matter at all.

Yup. QF is transferring after the Spring when he loses his job and the next coach wants him to move to WR.

• Upvote 1

Here's my take:

We've seen enough of Bench over the last, what, 2 years to know he's not the savior of USF football.  He's literally the Josh McCown/Bucs version of a USF QB.  He rattles under pressure, makes bad decisions and has done nothing to separate himself from any QB he's ever been in competition with.  

That's not SB hate - that's truth.  I've just never been impressed with him and he's a liability in the backfield.

I haven't seen QF be a liability to the extent I've seen Bench.  Bench is definitely the better passer, but behind this O-line, if that's the only plus you have, it's not enough.  I said this in another thread, the time for developing Bench is over.  He's gone after this year and we have Flowers for two more years.  If we play Bench and Flowers sits, it does this team no good whatsoever moving forward.  However, Flowers is not the savior of USF football.  I get it.  

That's not QF love - it's truth.  I'm not impressed with what I've seen from him overall, but he brings positives like superior mobility and his decision-making, while not perfect, hasn't been disastrous.

Our chances of winning with either one?  About the same, and probably not good.   That alone tells me we need to roll with Flowers moving forward.  

I actually agree with a lot of your sentiments believe it or not lol...

Where we agree:

SB is not the savior of USF football. He has good game and bad games that average out to below average in fact (I think his QBR for last year was 43.9, MW was 43.3 and average QB is 50). SB makes bad decisions when asked to go outside of his ability and forces a lot of balls. A porous Olline would make the decision to start QF more rational (which he has) and SB is gone so he does nothing for the QB position in the future. I have also been impressed with QF progress.

Where we disagree:

I don't think SB has had the same opportunities to show his stuff as MW or QF. Even so SB has proven to be better than both QBs looking at the QB rating. I am not sure QF makes better decisions with the ball, looking at real passing attempts he has a higher attempts/int ratio. If you want SB to make the throws that QF is asked to do he would most likely have close to none. If SB can win us games now that makes a HUGE impact on the future of USF football. Now whether or not we want this current staff to stick around is another question, but I think we have seen enough to say we wont win many more games with QF as QB right now. Maybe later in the year or next year we might though... I am not tossing QF under the bus...I feel like CWT is doing the samething to him that he did against SMU which is throw him out there before he is ready. I have liked what I have seen from QF progress...

Edited by Bull-Hornz