• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Start Bench

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

LOL.  No.

Um, yes. Not sure who told you there are people in the locker room questioning who should be the starter, but they're wrong, because right now there isn't. It's simply message board banter.

Said one anonymous message board poster to another...

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I trust my sources about the QB situation. Everyone else is free to trust theirs.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Bench vs Maryland last year 36 attempts 14 completions 162 yds 0 tds 1 int , 5 carries 9 yds 1 TD

Remember, he wasn't the starter, Mike White was and he was injured in the first series.  Therefore he didn't practice with the starters that prior week which may have led to the following:

USF took the lead into the fourth quarter but again the Bulls found themselves behind after a big play by Maryland on special teams. Mattias Ciabatti’s punt was blocked deep in USF territory and Thompson recovered it in the end zone to help give the Terps a 21-17 lead with 12:25 remaining.

Maryland extended its lead to 24-17 with a 23-yard field goal by Brad Craddock with 5:16 remaining after the Bulls stopped the Terps three times near the goal line.

Bench’s interception on the ensuing drive gave the Terps the ball at the USF 41 with 5:06 remaining and again the Bulls’ defense came up with a clutch turnover near the red zone. USF had new life once again when sophomore linebacker Nigel Harris (Tampa) forced and recovered a fumble at the Bulls’ 22 with 2:47 remaining.

The Bulls’ comeback attempt fell short after a penalty and two incompletions stalled their final drive in USF territory. Bench finished completing 14 of 36 passes for 162 yards and Taggart expects him to start next week as the team waits on more information about White’s injury.

“I thought Steven did some good things for us, I thought he made some plays, but I didn’t think Steven had a lot of help,†Taggart said. “There were a lot of dropped balls. We probably had at least eight balls dropped. It’s hard to get into a rhythm, it’s hard to get momentum when those things happen, especially those dropped balls on third down.â€

Different game different time. Doesn't mean he isn't ready to be in there on passing downs or even non-passing downs.  Just think of the issues it would cause on Marylands defense if he handed off when in and Flowers threw (assuming of course he improves at throwing over the next week).  Then switch it up to keep em guessing. It should be......whatever it takes to get a win..........period.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I trust my sources about the QB situation. Everyone else is free to trust theirs.

I trust my source that I can't believe it's not butter is truly not butter

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  76
  • Days Won:  0

We had the ball with just a few minutes in the game... down by multiple scores.   The announcers watched a few plays, and proclaimed we were 'sticking with our running game' (and killing the clock).   Facepalmed.

Honestly, and perhaps to his credit...  Taggart is gambling his future that Flowers WILL get him 6 wins, and he keeps his job.   If so, better to have invested the experience in his 4 star Flowers, than 'waste' it on Bench.   If Flowers can get 6, it will have been a good gamble.   If not, the next Coach inherits a beast of a team and gets Woulard.  

He's taking a risk, and through game 3 sticking with it.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

4 star athlete, not 4 star QB.  Watch the game again- the announcers said more than once  QF is a running back who occasionally throws the ball.

• Upvote 2

I trust my source that I can't believe it's not butter is truly not butter

It's not. Butter is a ***** to spread when its cold. ICBINB is money on toast.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Why?

Because

Why?

Because