• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Willie Still Calls The Plays???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Last night on the Bulls radio show, taggart said d'ernest johnson made the play call for the 70 yard td pass play. D'ernest was there and said in the huddle he brought it up to coach t b/c of what he saw the safety doing on previous plays. I thought that was interesting. Johnson for O-coordinator!

Also, my fiancé and I were probably two of 10 people at the radio show at grillsmith last night. I know grillsmith is a sponsor, but beef's was a way better place to have the show. It is 15 mins from my house though, so I can't complain that much.

I can't even process this...a redshirt freshman essentially called our most successful offensive play against FSU via his in-game analysis of their defensive scheme. And our HC/OC let him call it...is that good or bad?! Does not compute!
This is actually common place, even at the high school level. But, this will now become a huge deal here because, thebullspen.com

How many coaches are in the box? What are their jobs? Are they not looking at the field?

so you think players shouldn't give coaches valuable input an what they see out on the field?

By all means I think they should, and do. Not my point, or the reason for the question.

There are just times in a game that I wonder what they're doing. 

An opposing player is dinged, attack him. I've seen times where a DB or LB is limping around, or stunned, and coaches seem to miss it.

Johnson saw something in the defense. he told his coach that he thought the play would be there. the coach called the play and it was successful.

not sure why you think this somehow reflects badly on the coaches.

perhaps they should have a direct line with you since you see so many opportunities against a defense that they do not see.

The one thing you forgot is that CWT then credited the player for telling the coaches what he saw.  

So he credited DJ and also refers to him as the most complete back on the team. Clearly CWT doesn't hate DJ.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Last night on the Bulls radio show, taggart said d'ernest johnson made the play call for the 70 yard td pass play. D'ernest was there and said in the huddle he brought it up to coach t b/c of what he saw the safety doing on previous plays. I thought that was interesting. Johnson for O-coordinator!

Also, my fiancé and I were probably two of 10 people at the radio show at grillsmith last night. I know grillsmith is a sponsor, but beef's was a way better place to have the show. It is 15 mins from my house though, so I can't complain that much.

I can't even process this...a redshirt freshman essentially called our most successful offensive play against FSU via his in-game analysis of their defensive scheme. And our HC/OC let him call it...is that good or bad?! Does not compute!
This is actually common place, even at the high school level. But, this will now become a huge deal here because, thebullspen.com

How many coaches are in the box? What are their jobs? Are they not looking at the field?

so you think players shouldn't give coaches valuable input an what they see out on the field?

By all means I think they should, and do. Not my point, or the reason for the question.

An opposing player is dinged, attack him. I've seen times where a DB or LB is limping around, or stunned, and coaches seem to miss it.

Johnson saw something in the defense. he told his coach that he thought the play would be there. the coach called the play and it was successful.

perhaps they should have a direct line with you since you see so many opportunities against a defense that they do not see.

STILL not the point. 

It's always been a question of mine, just happen to come up in this thread. No need to be an _____ about it.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

It has to be frustrating being a reciever on this team. Running around for 3hours knowing there's almost no chance unless you get wide open because your coach and Qb won't "let it rip". Dillon broke a school record when Bench was in the game but won't even look up for a ball with Flowers in there.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

And if he, "let it rip" and threw three picks, you'd be all over CWT for letting him throw it all over the place.  Pass plays are called, Flowers doesn't see the open man, he runs.  It's really that simple.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

I suspect coaches in box are cruising careerbuilder.com and indeed.com
Career Builder Y Banana Edited by Rocky Style

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

STILL not the point. 

It's always been a question of mine, just happen to come up in this thread. No need to be an _____ about it.

perhaps you should start a new thread then.

I assumed, since you quoted someone, that you were responding to his statement that all coaches take input from their players on the field.

if you truly don't know what coaches do in the box or you want to know how many coaches are up there or what they are actually looking at then just start a new thread.

It came across as though you thought the coaches aren't doing a good job when in fact taking information from the players that are actually on the field is good coaching and standard at all levels.

sorry if I misinterpreted your intent.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

The one thing you forgot is that CWT then credited the player for telling the coaches what he saw.  

So he credited DJ and also refers to him as the most complete back on the team. Clearly CWT doesn't hate DJ.

According to the some cwt hates the whole team, and most likely Rocky too.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  821
  • Days Won:  2

offensive caLLS ARE bad

and qb play is bad

defense great

+1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I suspect coaches in box are cruising careerbuilder.com and indeed.com

LOL

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  821
  • Days Won:  2

Play calling is mediocre at best.

In the A&M game we waited until Bench to come in before we threw the first pass over the middle.

In the FSU game we waited utill late 4th Quarter to thro over middle.

In both games the middle was open to a TE post or drag. Or a RB delay drag.

Why doesn't WT have Flowrts throw that??

Can he? Is WT afraid of him throwing an INT?

If so why not use someone that can throw it? Bench can, yes I know he can't scramble no where near as good.

But if you pass block, run patterns and throw accurate passes, you don't need to scramble.