• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart bans players from Ybor; Harlan then retracts on CWT's behalf

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

is there a link available for the presser?

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

When I see CWT, I'm going to thank him for watching out for his guys like this....

Gozmart can eat a ****

If you read follow up statements by Gozmart & other Ybor City leaders, they clarify that there are clearly SEVERAL bad elements (bars & bar owners) that they need to work on cleaning out.  Lots of knee jerk, emotional responses by many.  Time to move on & focus on the future.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I, for one, am glad that as a while male, I don't have to worry about crime. What a load off my mind.

Huh. I had you pigeon-holed as a Pacific Islander.

what's a "while" male?

DANG IT, JTRUE!  You beat me by a frog hair.

I edited it so as to keep the thread on topic and focused on ridiculing hbryan.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I, for one, am glad that as a white male, I don't have to worry about crime. What a load off my mind.

Who said you don't have to worry?  If you went to the Orpheum that night, you would have been prime for violence if you engaged the troubled youths who have absolutely no boundaries.  Hmmm, lets ignore the facts, shall we?  Bottom line is don't go to those venues with that kind of crowd and then engage people who have no regard for life.  It certainly doesn't matter what color you are or in what city you happen to be in and Ybor is not anymore dangerous than any other metropolitan area around Tampa.   Facts, those damnable facts, won't allow you mutts to broad brush Ybor as sort of south Chicago killing fields.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

Nothing was deleted.

You are correct.  Thought I posted it around 10 but it was closer to 9pm. Didn't go back far enough.  Lots of apologies from me the last 2 days.  Stealing someone else's posts and not this.  Well, back to the little one.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

Willie did what is right, he told his players they have no business down there. I stand with Taggart 100%.

Once again the USF program, as little as it is, feels the pull from a donor it relies on and makes a decision against its coach.

Ybor City is NOT the problem, hip hop get togethers in Ybor late at night with a mainly African-American audience IS the problem. Blaming Ybor City is a PC tact to avoid the troublesome nature of what specifically occurred, i.e. A-A youth who have grown up without much male parental guidance or societal restraints on their abhorrent behaviour. TRUTH be damned, lets blame a city and ignore the elephant in the room.
I think you hit on about every negative stereotype. Good job.

I understand people are upset at Watson's death and yet another lesson form USF on how not to do public relations...but your comments says more about you and how you view people with different life circumstances and cultural differences than any useful contribution to this discussion. There is no elephant in the room or PC tact...but rather a murderer on the loose who has no regard for human life. Nobody died b/c of hip hop ...

Hmmm, DJ hip hop late night at the Orpheum which draws in troubled utes, A-A utes gone wild at said location, murder and mayhem ensue. I guess facts can become stereotypical if you want to ignore them. I don't think ignoring facts and painting Ybor as some sort of horribly dangerous place that all should avoid addresses what actually happened, where it happened and by whom it happened. But go ahead and continue on your PC rantings.
After reading your posts I don't have to wonder what political party you're associated with. Blaming an entire ethnic group isn't being real or speaking your mind. It's being prejudice and promoting stereotypes.

Youth and alcohol use is a bad combo in any racial group. Any music mixed in can sway moods and emotions, that's not limited to hip hop. Ever been to a heavy metal concert? Rave? Classic rock? Reggae? You can name any type of music, and I'm sure there's some stereotype that's associated with it.

So your "stating of facts" and lack of being "pc" only show the rest of us your true colors. Something tells me that maybe just maybe all crime in Ybor isn't caused by going African American hip hop heads. I think that the facts as you like to say would back me up on that.

-Young Black Man Who Enjoys Hip Hop

Edited by TromBull12
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Joey Knight â€@TBTimes_Bulls 2h2 hours ago

After presser @MarkHarlanUSF reiterates, "This wasn't about being mad at Coach (Taggart)." Just a philosophical difference

Taggart: "Nothing good happens after midnight."

3 retweets 5 favorites

Taggart: "There was no offense to anyone or anybody or any place. Just gonna continue to teach our guys to do right."

1 retweet 1 favorite

Taggart: "There's no friction or anything there between Mark and I."

1 retweet 0 favorites

Taggart at podium, speaking emotionally of Elkino. "These last couple of days have been really tough on our guys."

1 retweet 2 favorites

"We had a great talk as we always do," Harlan said. Said he felt he needed to put statement out "because it came from me."

1 retweet 0 favorites

When Harlan found about Taggart's Ybor City ban, he said he "disagreed." Heard about it around 4, called Taggart & spoke with him

1 retweet 0 favorites

Harlan: "I really want to publicly praise Coach and all the work that he's done."

1 retweet 1 favorite

Harlan talking, says it's been a "remarkable effort" by Taggart & staff to allow his team "to grieve the way they need to" in last 48 hours

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  76
  • Days Won:  0

Getting blown out of proportion...  which deflects from the moment of grief.    What Taggart said was fine...    and after the dust settled a bit, what Harlan said was also fine.    I support CWT 100% for not wanting his players down there in what could be a bad situation.   I also understand Harlan needs to look at the bigger picture, relations with the city, donors, etc.  

I don't think CWT is 'done' by any stretch.   Hopefully we stick 6-8 wins and a bowl game, and he lights it up in 2016.   Harlan, rightfully so, will evaluate after this season is completed.  

God bless this family suffering an unnecessary loss.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  88
  • Days Won:  0

I agree with Coach Taggart on this one.   It's a bad place to be late at night.   He's looking out for the best interest of his players.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

It has made a New York Paper:

U.S.

College athletic director reverses party city ban

KATE FELDMAN

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Today, 3:32 PM ET

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/national/college-athletic-director-reverses-party-city-ban-article-1.2352439

I guess it's good they missed Gonzmart's connection to the program