• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart bans players from Ybor; Harlan then retracts on CWT's behalf

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

Stay out of Ybor after midnight

There, I said it....

I always told my kids that nothing good happens after midnight in Ybor so get out by then. Besides half the team is under 21. It's just not a good mix.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Yborgate, who'd have thought that would be the downfall of Taggart.

It also hurts me to have to side with Taggart.

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

Taggart is done and he knows it

Taggart changed his offense just to stay this year. His offense was all he wanted to talk about when he was hired.

Harlan never endorses taggart because taggart is done. It is possible that the two hardly talk at this point.

Does anyone really think taggart wanted tomey as a consultant. . . . Tomey is Harlan's football guy.

I assume tomey is a paid consultant while kinnan is free.

What kinda crap is this?

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

When i said interesting i meant in terms of a perceived power struggle, obviously minor in the big picture but perhaps relative to the whole changing of offense etc....willie shouldve talked to admins before statement and a more appropriate statement wouldve been a gneral curfew rather than targetting a specific part of city

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

The Columbia restaurant is in Ybor City and the Gonzamart family are big donors and supporters of USF athletics hence the retraction.

Bingo-Title.png

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

I understand CWT's emotional, knee jerk reaction to the situation but I think it would have been better served in a team meeting .... and maybe the word "banned" not be used, but "strongly suggest" .... Twitter's lack of forgiveness strikes again.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I'm torn.  On the one hand, I don't like telling players they can't go to Ybor.  On the other hand, there is a clearly an element of risk being there in the late hours.

Worse, I worry about a riff between Taggart & Harlan.

How would I have handled it?  Spoken with Taggart, and asked him to retract it and maybe qualify that during the season, he wants the players to stay close to campus.  Or, to avoid late nights like that...without singling out Ybor.

Frankly, there was a real possibility that some of our current players could have been there when the fight occurred, and this tragedy have included even more of our Bulls family.

Lastly, I suspect the players don't need to be told to avoid that area, late nights.  If this doesn't give you a wake up call on the dangers of being at clubs almost ANYWHERE after 2 PM, nothing will.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

It's okay during the day... go have lunch, pizza, a gyro, see a movie, visit a coffee shop.

But don't be that past 11 pm...

It's Ybor City Gismo...didn't you mean a cafe con leche, a cuban sandwich and some empanadas...yummm

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Stay out of Ybor after midnight

There, I said it....

I always told my kids that nothing good happens after midnight in Ybor so get out by then. Besides half the team is under 21. It's just not a good mix.

Yep. My dad used to say the same thing.

The reality for the football team is a lot of the guys do not have father figures in their lives and CWT or other coaches is who they do listen to.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

Taggart is done and he knows it

Taggart changed his offense just to stay this year. His offense was all he wanted to talk about when he was hired.

Harlan never endorses taggart because taggart is done. It is possible that the two hardly talk at this point.

Does anyone really think taggart wanted tomey as a consultant. . . . Tomey is Harlan's football guy.

I assume tomey is a paid consultant while kinnan is free.

What kinda crap is this?

He's pissed because we won't go Independent.

• Upvote 1