• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

More curious about the offense or defense?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

Offense. If we are still abysmal on offense we won't be going bowling no matter how fantastic our defense shapes up to be.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

I'll say offense in game 1 and defense in game 2. I think athletically alone the defense shouldn't be tested too badly against FAMU. Offensively I'll be interested to see if they can actually put up points and yards.

The defensive test comes in Tallahassee.

I think the big thing for Saturday is to see if the defense is playing fast or tentative. We've played a lot of laid back defense in recemt years.

Last years opener the cbs were giving 10 yard cushions and easy passes for first down..drove me crazy.

If this team has taken another step forward they need to win like 41-7...if we win a close game I will be worried.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  1

I don't think we will see that soft play again. During one of the practices, coach was telling a defensive player who dropped an interception," we catch all passes, get off the field." When he got close to the sideline you heard them yelling," drop and give me 25."  Sounds like they are not being coached to play almost football, but killer/ winner take all football.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I am more curious about the defense. Our best teams had decent offenses but really got after it defensively. If we play top 40 defense we'll be bowling.

What do I want to see on Saturday?

Gang tackling, flying to the football. Hard hitting and passion in getting after the other team.

What do I not want to see? Lack of pass rush and sitting back and waiting for the other team.

I am sure I am not alone in wanting this.

More defense

Good defense

Hard hitting defense

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

Both.

For me it's all about showing the desire to win, on both sides of the ball. CWT talks a good game, but shows jack. IF the Bulls come out and blow up FAMU and play smart, aggressive football I think we'll have a decent season.

I guess if I had to choose, I would say offense simply because of how bad it's been the last two years.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

Defense that is feared by all...but that can't happen unless the offense can sustain drives and put up points to keep the defense fresh and energized.