• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This is how this team wins and gets to a bowl

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  821
  • Days Won:  2

if qb play is like last year

we will have the same record as last year

if O-line play is like last year

+100

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

if qb play is like last year

if O-line play is like last year

If we win the same exact number of games like last year

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

Divine intervention

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

I think it comes down to a very simple stat......

Offensive Penalties. I don't have the time to back this up with actual research so I am going just off of a hunch......

But I am willing to bet that if we have fewer offensive penalties than our opponent then we will win the game.

Fewer offensive penalties doesn't equate to more points. We still have to be able to put points on the board.

nothing kills a drive worse than offensive penalties...especially an offense that is so dependent on the running game. hard to get the running game going when it is 1st and 20 or 2nd and 17.

I won't disagree with you there. My thing is, we can play the cleanest game on offense but if we can't get the ball into the endzone, cleaning up penalties did us no good except making us look a little less dumb.

We have to get over our ineffectiveness. We have to score. Cleaning up penalties will help, no doubt, but that alone does not determine the outcome of the game.

And we can play great offense and get into the end zone zone or even just move the ball pass the yard marker and get a first down and then have it called back too so goes both ways. Bottom line the team has to be effective and smart and disciplined on offense, and defense of course. This past Monday night Bucs game just goes to show you the teams can surpass expectations. So hopefully we're not going to be letdown again.

There's a new pile on rule this year that the team needs to be made aware of. Actually, I'm sure they are aware of it but I hope they've got it ingrained That they are now not allowed to jump on a pile for a fumble or pull someone off a pile for a fumble. Both of those will get you will be penalized. That might be a hard one for them to resist since they've just automatically done it so long. What was coached was if you thought the other team had the ball coaches used to say pile on and try to get it. But if you think we have the ball pull people off so the refs can see that we have the ball and not let the opposing team get it.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

Hulk smash.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I love the enthusiasm at the BEGINNING of the season.

Here's hoping it'll still be around near the END of the season! Actually at this point I'd probably settle for the middle.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  1

I have a feeling this game will be rocking! Can't wait to see the student section. Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  56
  • Days Won:  0

I think it comes down to a very simple stat......

Offensive Penalties. I don't have the time to back this up with actual research so I am going just off of a hunch......

But I am willing to bet that if we have fewer offensive penalties than our opponent then we will win the game.

Fewer offensive penalties doesn't equate to more points. We still have to be able to put points on the board.

nothing kills a drive worse than offensive penalties...especially an offense that is so dependent on the running game. hard to get the running game going when it is 1st and 20 or 2nd and 17.

I won't disagree with you there. My thing is, we can play the cleanest game on offense but if we can't get the ball into the endzone, cleaning up penalties did us no good except making us look a little less dumb.

We have to get over our ineffectiveness. We have to score. Cleaning up penalties will help, no doubt, but that alone does not determine the outcome of the game.

And we can play great offense and get into the end zone zone or even just move the ball pass the yard marker and get a first down and then have it called back too so goes both ways. Bottom line the team has to be effective and smart and disciplined on offense, and defense of course. This past Monday night Bucs game just goes to show you the teams can surpass expectations. So hopefully we're not going to be letdown again.

There's a new pile on rule this year that the team needs to be made aware of. Actually, I'm sure they are aware of it but I hope they've got it ingrained That they are now not allowed to jump on a pile for a fumble or pull someone off a pile for a fumble. Both of those will get you will be penalized. That might be a hard one for them to resist since they've just automatically done it so long. What was coached was if you thought the other team had the ball coaches used to say pile on and try to get it. But if you think we have the ball pull people off so the refs can see that we have the ball and not let the opposing team get it.

Where did you see that they will be penalized for jumping on the pile for a fumble? The only change I can find is related to pushing or pulling players off of the pile, which will result in an automatic unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

Not trying to argue but I would like to see where it states they will now be penalized for both with this change.

Here is a link to the change for pulling/pushing a player off of the pile http://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2015-08-25/ncaa-football-need-know-rules-changes-2015-season

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I thought this would be a picture of a bus...

See what I did there???