• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Club members : closed practice

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

Guilty as charged. We bumped up our donor level recently so got the invite. Prior to practice we listened to Tags spout the same stuff as we heard last year at a pre season event. Talked about how good the O line has been looking. Watching practice I saw a mixed bag. At first it was just position drills and then they went into a situational scrimmage. When at mid field the offense really struggled. Our best plays were QB runs, either by design or scrambles. Not a lot of passes attempted, a few quick passes to RBs flaring out and one pass from Bench knocked down by the D-line. It pretty much looked like last year. 1 or 2 yard gains on runs (other than the QB runs).

Then they switched to red zone situations. All of a sudden they moved the ball. Bench scored on a keeper sweeping to his right from about 7 yards out. After a couple of plays with Q at QB Mach scored on a short carry. The offense also moved the ball when deep in their own territory. Bench threw a perfect pass about 40 yds or so but was dropped by an UWR (unidentified wide receiver).

Watched the QBs during position warmups/practice. Bench had either grown or Flowers has shrunk. But Woulard is much taller than I thought. If Bench is 6'3" then Woulard must be 6'4" or 6'5". No word yet on him being eligible this year but we were told that he will have 3 years of eligibility once he starts playing. He took no snaps during the situational scrimmage so I don't see him playing - at least early in the season.

Tags talked some about the transfers. Said that all the kids were being recruited by USF before choosing the other schools so that there is some familiarity with the program.

Thanks for the info B. Did any QB standout in your opinion? Hard to infer from your post.

Many of you know that we've become friends with Bench's parents so anything I say here will be doubted. Back to the height issue, Bench is a minimum of 6'2". He's at least 2" taller than me at 6'. Steven introduced us to Flowers last year and he is taller than me, unless it was the cleats that made him so.

As for practice yesterday, trying to be objective, Flowers is quicker with jukes and appears fast. Bench has pretty good straight speed but won't make many guys miss. Didn't see Woulard run so know idea of him or Kean. Throwing the ball, and this is going by combination of practice and the scrimmage, Bench seems to throw a better deep ball than Flowers. Flowers seemed pretty accurate throwing slants and to RBs swinging out of the backfield. Woulard looked real good on most of his throws. Kean seemed the least accurate the little bit that I saw but he also had some dropped passes. Unfortunately all the QBs were victimized by that. Tags didn't reveal anything at the pre practice speech and I'm guessing he really doesn't know at this point.

Thx for the thoughts BB. Can't wait for the start of the season. I am hoping that some of that hard work starts paying off for these young men and coaches.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,701
  • Days Won:  108

CR: any thoughts on AW getting the waiver to play this year?

Only word is that he will have 3 years once he does become eligible.  

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

how much does it cost to see the bulls practice?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Occasional stress and discomfort.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,701
  • Days Won:  108

Many of them are free.  This was a little BBQ dinner and a chance to watch a closed practice for Iron Bulls.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Guilty as charged. We bumped up our donor level recently so got the invite. Prior to practice we listened to Tags spout the same stuff as we heard last year at a pre season event. Talked about how good the O line has been looking. Watching practice I saw a mixed bag. At first it was just position drills and then they went into a situational scrimmage. When at mid field the offense really struggled. Our best plays were QB runs, either by design or scrambles. Not a lot of passes attempted, a few quick passes to RBs flaring out and one pass from Bench knocked down by the D-line. It pretty much looked like last year. 1 or 2 yard gains on runs (other than the QB runs).

Then they switched to red zone situations. All of a sudden they moved the ball. Bench scored on a keeper sweeping to his right from about 7 yards out. After a couple of plays with Q at QB Mach scored on a short carry. The offense also moved the ball when deep in their own territory. Bench threw a perfect pass about 40 yds or so but was dropped by an UWR (unidentified wide receiver).

Watched the QBs during position warmups/practice. Bench had either grown or Flowers has shrunk. But Woulard is much taller than I thought. If Bench is 6'3" then Woulard must be 6'4" or 6'5". No word yet on him being eligible this year but we were told that he will have 3 years of eligibility once he starts playing. He took no snaps during the situational scrimmage so I don't see him playing - at least early in the season.

Tags talked some about the transfers. Said that all the kids were being recruited by USF before choosing the other schools so that there is some familiarity with the program.

Thanks for the info B. Did any QB standout in your opinion? Hard to infer from your post.

Many of you know that we've become friends with Bench's parents so anything I say here will be doubted.  Back to the height issue, Bench is a minimum of 6'2". He's at least 2" taller than me at 6'.  Steven introduced us to Flowers last year and he is taller than me, unless it was the cleats that made him so.  

As for practice yesterday, trying to be objective, Flowers is quicker with jukes and appears fast.  Bench has pretty good straight speed but won't make many guys miss.  Didn't see Woulard run so know idea of him or Kean.  Throwing the ball, and this is going by combination of practice and the scrimmage, Bench seems to throw a better deep ball than Flowers.  Flowers seemed pretty accurate throwing slants and to RBs swinging out of the backfield.  Woulard looked real good on most of his throws.  Kean seemed the least accurate the little bit that I saw but he also had some dropped passes.  Unfortunately all the QBs were victimized by that. Tags didn't reveal anything at the pre practice speech and I'm guessing he really doesn't know at this point.  

If Flowers can throw the short stuff well, then let him start. Bench and the long ball, I've seen enough of those to not bank our season on it.

Thank you for the update!

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Bout a Buck $1.05...

Murica

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

It costs the same as freedom?

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

It costs the same as freedom?