• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who's the starting QB?

Who's the starting QB?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Who's the starter...I have no idea.  They're about even, that's all we know.  Up until today, I was firmly in the Flowers camp.  Now I am 50/50.  Every time I think Flowers is going to turn the corner and be the guy and take the job, I keep hearing how good Bench is playing.

I guess what I am saying is they are 2 sides to the same coin.  Flip the coin and go with one.  Heck, play them both, does it really matter.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

I would like to see Flowers start but if he continues to struggle passing then Bench needs to start. Bench could give us just enough passing game to be decent on offense.

Then AW will take over next year and Flowers should move to WR or RB.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

I would like to see Flowers start but if he continues to struggle passing then Bench needs to start. Bench could give us just enough passing game to be decent on offense.

Then AW will take over next year and Flowers should move to WR or RB.

This is exactly how I feel about the situation

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

Whoever it is will just be a place holder until next year.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,262
  • Days Won:  1

I'm thinking this will be a year with both qbs playing in every game. I think flowers starts but bench comes in for passing situations or when flowers struggles

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

I'm thinking this will be a year with both qbs playing in every game. I think flowers starts but bench comes in for passing situations or when flowers struggles

That's nice of us to let the defense know what we are doing based on which QB we put in.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,262
  • Days Won:  1

That's nice of us to let the defense know what we are doing based on which QB we put in.

Would u trust flowers to throw on a 3rd and long cause based on everything I've read on the boards flowers can't throw so we don't have a choice

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

Would u trust flowers to throw on a 3rd and long cause based on everything I've read on the boards flowers can't throw so we don't have a choice

Id rather have AW throwing on 3rd and long.

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

I just don't see a QB who cant move the chains with his arm doing well. I think it's clear from the poll that most believe that Flowers legs will be a difference maker but we saw how that did last year.

The only thing that I see that can be realistically improved from now until the first game against FAMU is Bench making better decisions. If he can take care of the ball its a no brainer that he should start. I actually think he might have more rushing TD in camp then Flowers does which means something even in touch ball...Definelty did in the spring game...

If you have seen Flowers throw he just isn't there yet and his legs haven't materialized into anything tangible yet to make me think he's anywhere near BJ or Grothe. Both of those guys could throw the ball...

Not trying not knock QF I just want him to do well and the team do well and from what I have seen I dont want to hope that he magically pulls something off. I want the best option in at QB....

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I just don't see a QB who cant move the chains with his arm doing well. I think it's clear from the poll that most believe that Flowers legs will be a difference maker but we saw how that did last year.

The only thing that I see that can be realistically improved from now until the first game against FAMU is Bench making better decisions. If he can take care of the ball its a no brainer that he should start. I actually think he might have more rushing TD in camp then Flowers does which means something even in touch ball...Definelty did in the spring game...

If you have seen Flowers throw he just isn't there yet and his legs haven't materialized into anything tangible yet to make me think he's anywhere near BJ or Grothe. Both of those guys could throw the ball...

Not trying not knock QF I just want him to do well and the team do well and from what I have seen I dont want to hope that he magically pulls something off. I want the best option in at QB....

Leaving aside the personal issues, being a QB in that Stanford offense is much different. That offense is pound the rock and play action pass. QB is supposed to stay in the pocket and make a pass. New offense will mean QB is designed to run with a much more spread out formation so he has space to move. Last year everyone was bunched in, which works if you're trying to go over the top not so much when running.