• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Still Want An OCS?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

they are making what I consider a mistake and making some type of club lounge area.  That's a big reason why the atmosphere in RJS is a bit of a snoozer.  Too easy for casual fans to ignore the game and just socialize in the end zones and lounge areas.

We honestly should be grateful for all the casual fans we do have that are coming out right now, but the real reason I'm commenting is that the club/lounge area at RayJay isn't the cause for the "snoozer" atmosphere.  The football being played is.

We get that corrected, and a club/lounge area will be the least of our concerns because we'll have a vibrant, exciting team to watch.  

Dead on ..... If we were playing in an erector set on campus these last 3 years, as hard as it is to imagine, the attendance would have been worse.

And just to clarify, I think there are very few on here that wouldn't like an ocs but until some heavy hitters out there really want one, it's not happening .... unless something convinces the powers that be that we NEED one. One thing Harlan has recognized is that when the time comes, he wants to do it right. Doesn't mean a RayJay clone but I assume somewhere between that and the BHNFP ...

It is hard to imagine.  Is there really a belief out there that RayJay is the reason attendance is as good as it is?  This is where I think we perhaps miss the impact and draw of bringing alumni back to campus.  I think attendance would be higher right now.  You might get double the students and more alumni.  

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Still Want An OCS?

Yes, I want an upgraded 45k seat FAU stadium, with room for expansion if needed (50-55k). I don't think expansion will be needed with the drop-off of college attendance and the acceleration of TV progression. 4k TV prices are becoming very reasonable and will only keep on dropping.

I always thought that FAU had a sweet stadium.  Wonder what the price tag was.  

Construction began in 2009 and cost was 70mil. Opened October 2011.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,089
  • Days Won:  469

Remember the good ol' days when UCF wanted to be like us? When USF was everything they wanted to be? When we scoffed at them for not being worthy of us?

When we had nothing to gain by playing them...

Those were the days. We screwed that pooch.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,089
  • Days Won:  469

Since this is the first OCS thread I've ever seen and it includes talk of the Frying Pan, I have a question.

Has it rained during our game(s) there yet? What do people do? Hang out under the metal and hope for no lightning? Just curious. I'm sure there's a better plan for that then they had for water fountains.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Still Want An OCS?

Yes, I want an upgraded 45k seat FAU stadium, with room for expansion if needed (50-55k). I don't think expansion will be needed with the drop-off of college attendance and the acceleration of TV progression. 4k TV prices are becoming very reasonable and will only keep on dropping.

I always thought that FAU had a sweet stadium.  Wonder what the price tag was.  

If you want to talk about a stadium like FAU's, I will have a much different opinion.  That is an entirely different conversation.  Granted they have a much smaller studenty body, but their entire campus including stadium is laid out much more efficiently and comfortably.  Now that's what I'm talking about.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

they are making what I consider a mistake and making some type of club lounge area.  That's a big reason why the atmosphere in RJS is a bit of a snoozer.  Too easy for casual fans to ignore the game and just socialize in the end zones and lounge areas.

We honestly should be grateful for all the casual fans we do have that are coming out right now, but the real reason I'm commenting is that the club/lounge area at RayJay isn't the cause for the "snoozer" atmosphere.  The football being played is.

We get that corrected, and a club/lounge area will be the least of our concerns because we'll have a vibrant, exciting team to watch.  

Dead on ..... If we were playing in an erector set on campus these last 3 years, as hard as it is to imagine, the attendance would have been worse.

And just to clarify, I think there are very few on here that wouldn't like an ocs but until some heavy hitters out there really want one, it's not happening .... unless something convinces the powers that be that we NEED one. One thing Harlan has recognized is that when the time comes, he wants to do it right. Doesn't mean a RayJay clone but I assume somewhere between that and the BHNFP ...

It is hard to imagine.  Is there really a belief out there that RayJay is the reason attendance is as good as it is?  This is where I think we perhaps miss the impact and draw of bringing alumni back to campus.  I think attendance would be higher right now.  You might get double the students and more alumni.  

I'm saying that with the record we've had the last 3 years, you've got a portion of the fan base that wouldn't go if there wasn't the respite of the Club area ... and I really doubt there are many, if any, alumni who aren't going to games just because they're not being played on campus .... I'm not even going to hazard a guess as to how many more students might have been there ... probably depends on the giveaways.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  1

Traffic flow will be a major problem that has to be figured in to this whole mess. The joys of supporting your team can be degraded quickly from sitting in traffic. This is not a knock against an OSC. Just a reminder that a lot has to go into planning this thing.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Since this is the first OCS thread I've ever seen and it includes talk of the Frying Pan, I have a question.

Has it rained during our game(s) there yet? What do people do? Hang out under the metal and hope for no lightning? Just curious. I'm sure there's a better plan for that then they had for water fountains.

Interesting question.  It seems the original plan was to let people hang out under the concourse.  I haven't found anything more recent.

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/new-ucf-stadium-ready-for-lightning/nJfLk/

"Red alert means you need to clear the area. There will be a lightning strike within a two and a half mile radius between eight and 20 minutes," he said.

The lightning detecting technology has been around for about two decades. UCF installed it a couple years ago. It cost $18,000.

There is a precedent for calling off major college football games because of lightning. The University of Florida Gators’ game against Western Kentucky was cancelled with eight minutes left after a severe lightning storm two weeks ago.

If lightning does appear Saturday, there’s no plan to let people into nearby campus buildings as is done on some other campuses.

"There's a lot of room under the concourse,†said Hansen. “They're welcome to go back to their vehicles if they like. Our policy is not to allow re-entry. We'll relax that policy if they have their ticket stub."

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

ArmyBull,

Those may be the only things important to you, but I believe that you're in the minority.

I'm a minority finally! Where's my free **** from Obama ???

Edited by Triple B
Profanity filter get around.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  818
  • Days Won:  2

ArmyBull,

Those may be the only things important to you, but I believe that you're in the minority.

I'm a minority finally! Where's my free **** from Obama ???

http://www.obamaphone.com