• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Still Want An OCS?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Since this is the first OCS thread I've ever seen and it includes talk of the Frying Pan, I have a question.

Has it rained during our game(s) there yet? What do people do? Hang out under the metal and hope for no lightning? Just curious. I'm sure there's a better plan for that then they had for water fountains.

Regarding lightning, they just ask you to leave the stands, like everywhere else. I have not been required to leave the stadium area.

In 2009, UCF played Marshall, and a tropical storm blew through. I have never seen a game played with so much rain coming down. The field, never puddled. I was darn impressed.

Here are two clips, you can see that even with  inches of rain, big dudes running all over it, the field help up amazingly well.:

I have NEVER been rained on like were that night. I was drenched from head to toe.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174

My opinion is that a game at UCF is way better than a game at Rayjay.

This holds true for me as a student and as an alum... I've seen a USF/UCF games as both. Environment isn't even comparable, IMO.

I edited the statement for accuracy ...

You must have missed the first three words of my post

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174

I'll make one more point. If you think we need to start winning before we talk about an OCS... Just look at Tulane.

I just booked flights to Tulane, looking forward to seeing that stadium, and of course the surround  area!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

Thanks. But the fans choose to either sit through it or go underneath?

In similar times at RJS (which is often) that club access is a gem. At Notre Dame we had to go to basketball gym. But at least the game wasn't going on.

When fans retreat underneath for cover are there plenty of TVs to watch the game if it continues? I was surprised at the Pac12 Arizona State's stadium there are no TVs if you go underneath for shelter, food or bio break. Poor.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

In similar times at RJS (which is often) that club access is a gem. At Notre Dame we had to go to basketball gym. But at least the game wasn't going on.

When fans retreat underneath for cover are there plenty of TVs to watch the game if it continues? I was surprised at the Pac12 Arizona State's stadium there are no TVs if you go underneath for shelter, food or bio break. Poor.

Basketball gym?? That was a wee bit of an understatement  ...

We sat outside. Really no one left as it was well known that is was going to be a flood. Luckily, there was no lightning. I have been going since 2008 I think and I do not recall having to leave because of lightning, but that day will come. My wife just told me have, we just got under the concourse breeze ways. There is more than enough room, unless everyone wants to use the water fountains at the same time, then it gets crowded.....sarcasm meter insert here.

Traffic flow will be a major problem that has to be figured in to this whole mess. The joys of supporting your team can be degraded quickly from sitting in traffic. This is not a knock against an OSC. Just a reminder that a lot has to go into planning this thing.

If the stadium is built on the current campus, this won't be as bad as you think, as both Fowler and Fletcher can handle the traffic...

If the stadium is built at the MOSI site it will be a major problem, as all of the traffic would be using Fowler... I know people say that fans will park on campus and walk across Fowler to the stadium... but you aren't walking 50,000 people across the street... and people will still want to park as close as possible - which means as close to Fowler as possible... Fletcher will be hardly used with a stadium on MOSI.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Traffic flow will be a major problem that has to be figured in to this whole mess. The joys of supporting your team can be degraded quickly from sitting in traffic. This is not a knock against an OSC. Just a reminder that a lot has to go into planning this thing.

If the stadium is built on the current campus, this won't be as bad as you think, as both Fowler and Fletcher can handle the traffic...

If the stadium is built at the MOSI site it will be a major problem, as all of the traffic would be using Fowler... I know people say that fans will park on campus and walk across Fowler to the stadium... but you aren't walking 50,000 people across the street... and people will still want to park as close as possible - which means as close to Fowler as possible... Fletcher will be hardly used with a stadium on MOSI.

The two entrances on BBD would also be useful if it was actually on campus ... although, even at the MOSI site, I do think a ton would park on campus, with Bull Runners to the stadium, so Fletcher and BBD would get heavy use once people got it figured out.