• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

And here we go! 2015 USF Football underway with camp

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

It will probably disappoint the QB narrative that has been established around here... but after the first day Flowers is a completely different guy from last season and got even better than he was in the spring.  From all the reports I've hear... that kid was flipping it around today.  Showing he could both run and pass.  He had a couple of drops but looked like the starter.  I'd suspect by next week we'll have our named starter.  Bench looked a bit rusty and threw an int...  about what I expected from both.

Did you witness any of this or is this assessment based solely on "the reports you hear"? Just wondering.

:facepalm:

Legit question. Makes some bold statements and qualifies it with "based on reports" he heard. It would be more impactful for me if he saw this firsthand as opposed to re typing somebody else's opinion.

It was a geographic  :facepalm: due to his user name...

yeah... I figured it was understood that I was not there.  Had I been... I likely would have lead off with that.  Also from having included "from all reports I hear" it is unusual because there was a typo... should have read "heard"

I'm just excited to be excited about our team because I think they can make some noise for a change.

My bad Cali... Shoulda checked the name before replying. Do you get to many Bulls games?

I normally do.  Not the past two seasons because I refused to put myself through that... also wasting that much money to watch us lose would have been terrible.  I mean I was upbeat but my investment in tickets tells you how I actually feel about the team.  So this year I will again.  I'll be at the opener, and then the fsu game.  I'm thinking about going to Maryland, I have family there and can also take care of a business matter.  So right now it looks like the first three.  I'll definitely be at SMU, Memphis, and UCiF.  I'll have to see with the other games.  I may do Navy.  Tickets from LA to DC are pretty cheap right now. lol

After watching a couple of videos from today cant help but think that our guys look really undersized compared to what they show from other schools's camps on CFL. Cant believe we tried the power-run scheme for 2 full seasons.

Just seems like P5 teams are on another level of size. Not looking forward to the FSU game, right now it looks like boys vs. men.

What videos? 

you have a link?  

After watching a couple of videos from today cant help but think that our guys look really undersized compared to what they show from other schools's camps on CFL. Cant believe we tried the power-run scheme for 2 full seasons.

Just seems like P5 teams are on another level of size. Not looking forward to the FSU game, right now it looks like boys vs. men.

It's funny, I'm actually chatting with some people who were at the practice today and the guys look a lot bigger and stronger than they have in the pass.  Something doesn't gibe.  :icon_drink:

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,519
  • Days Won:  422

It's funny, I'm actually chatting with some people who were at the practice today and the guys look a lot bigger and stronger than they have in the pass.  Something doesn't gibe.  :icon_drink:

He said they look undersized compared to other teams this year, not ours last year .... ;)

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,430
  • Days Won:  3

What videos?

you have a link?

Theres videos on the USF football instagram page Edited by zarnozdabull

What videos?

you have a link?

Theres videos on the USF football instagram page

Cool.. thanks 

The guys look pretty big to me.  Thor looks like he gained weight, I'd suspect he's above 320.  To me they actually look like a normal college football team again.  The don't look undersized to me.  Looks about the same as UCLA, I see them all of the time.  This was not the case in the past.  Not saying the guys can play at all like UCLA... I'm just talking about general team size, how they look.  

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

USF Football â€@USFFootball 4h4 hours ago

Taggart on switching offenses: "We're still going to run the power but we're just going to be uptempo." #BullsUnite

USF Football â€@USFFootball 4h4 hours ago

Taggart on switching offenses: "We're still going to run the power but we're just going to be uptempo." #BullsUnite

It's funny... Everyone kinda knew we were going to run a offense based on the Kinnan prototype... the same being used at  Auburn... but it seems everyone is surprised that it is a power spread offense.  What the spread allows for is spacing for playmakers.  It also makes it extremely hard to load the box and integrates a triple option on virtually every play.  It's a pretty cool offense and it moves.  But it is a power offense.  

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Anyone planning on heading out Sunday morning? Put some names and faces together. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but I'm down.