• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What past USF team would you compare this year's to?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

I agree that's is most like the 2014 team. Otherwise, perhaps the 2004 team that went 4-7. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_South_Florida_Bulls_football_team)

I'd say this team was actually closer to the 2005 team.  

Well the 05 team went 6 and 6 after that bad 04 team lets hope we turn out like 05 team.

We seem to be out of the dive years 2012 and 2013 and 2014 did show improvement we will find out soon.

2011 was the start... we were 5-7, then 3-9, then 2-10, 3-9, and then 4-8.   The nose dive started with a thrashing from Pitt in 2011.  Have people forgotten when the terrible started.  I think we win at least games simply because of recruiting.  I know everyone wants to be downer don... but this team is underrated for a change.  I think this team is in the position of Memphis a couple of years ago.  I wouldn't be surprised if they won the conference.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,424
  • Days Won:  19

No matter what, this USF (2015) team would struggle with any prior USF team... and I mean struggle.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

2005. Decent enough defense, good RB, below average at QB. I think we can make 6-6, but QB is key. Can Flowers or Bench make enough plays is the question...

Edited by deters-

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

This team would not struggle facing that 2013 team opening with Matt Floyd.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I could almost see a 2005-ish season. We played a LOT of talented youth on defense last year, a lot like 2004, we have a stud runningback (or two), questionable QB play, athletic but unproven receivers.

Time will tell if our guys can take the step forward that 2005 team took, but there are certainly plenty of similarities.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

I could almost see a 2005-ish season. We played a LOT of talented youth on defense last year, a lot like 2004, we have a stud runningback (or two), questionable QB play, athletic but unproven receivers.

Time will tell if our guys can take the step forward that 2005 team took, but there are certainly plenty of similarities.

Offensively there are a lot of parallels to that team. Defensively, though, that was the beginning of one of the most talented USF units ever... I haven't seen much out of this unit that makes me think they match that talent level, although I hope I'm wrong.

No matter what, this USF (2015) team would struggle with any prior USF team... and I mean struggle.

You have not seen this team play one down so that tells me a lot about what you're  basing it on.  

I don't buy what some of you are selling.  I'm not calling anyone out but I remember those who hated B.J. and I'm pretty sure that some of you, without saying names, use to be all over Gregs blog hating on Grothe.  So when I see a lot of those people who have trashed the program since I can remember, going on about how bad things are now and who's good and not good... I'm like meeeh.   Just the fact that they are saying we're terrible this year based on last year, is probably a good thing.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  495
  • Days Won:  1

^ I remember when people were chanting for BJ Daniels when Grothe was still playing. I couldn't believe my ears. Some of our "fans" are delusional (in the opposite direction on UCFers)