• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What past USF team would you compare this year's to?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

I dont think people understand how much our team emotions are going to play into the season. 

Weve always played best as an emotional team, with a chip on our shoulder as the underdog.

This team has been DYING to be good again, its looking for any glimpse of light to believe in itself. 

We win the FAMU game, as stupid as this sounds, thats going to build confidence in this team. Its going to allow players to believe this year may be different. Starting the season with a W when youve had back to back to back losing seasons IS HUGE! That will get players a little more pumped for the year.

If we go into the FSU game and hang with them and its competitive I dont care what the score ends up being because after that this team will believe in themselves, they will know they went toe to toe with the best of the country and fought. If that happens, the underdog persona will start coming back and the team wont see themselves as a "losing team" but a team that is building towards something special. 

Im telling you, this stuff means more than most people give credit, when you believe in each other in the locker room and when you play with heart, recruiting stars and all that crap start to lose their advantage. 

In CFB ANY team can beat ANY team under the right conditions.

Edited by BULLZ

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Never before seen in our history

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  847
  • Days Won:  1

2010 was full of 1st year starters that over achieved and won 8 games.  

We beat teams like Clemson with guys like Mo Plancher at RB with a rebuilt knee and walk ons starting at WR. and BJ was terrible that year

and now we've got all these hot shot recuits and can't win 6 games in the AAC.

Now we're lucky to beat Temple with a guy like Mack.

No excuse not to be as good as 2010 other than lousy coaching.

2013, and 2014 are in a class all by themselves.

2004 was like 2012.

Why did they get better after 2004 and worst after 2012...  2011 we sucked also. 2004 was followed by progressively better seasons that began when the team bottomed out the year prior.  That 2010 had scattered 1st year starters... BJ had one of his his best season statically in 2011.. I mean none of what you're saying makes sense... because it isn't true.  You realize this information is posted right?

Literally you give the evidence that this team is closer to 2004 by making up the stuff you did.  You demonstrated a trend upwards after bottoming out.  So I'd expect this team to actually win 7-8 games this season.  I'm not sure what you expected in 2013... but Matt Floyd and Bobby Eveld were the QBs we had with experience.  Lemme guess... you like skip holtz.

What? How can my opinion not be true? and No I didn't like Skip Holtz. I just think the 2015 team should strive to over acheive like the 2010 team did. Skip was the reason BJ has such a poor 2010 cause he limited the use of his mobility. To be clear, I think 2004 and 2012 were very similar but the forward trajectory of those seasons was unfortunately very different. I mentioned 2012 and compared it to 2004 because 2012 should have been the bottom of a trend like 2004 but we keep going down. For what it's worth I think we've bottomed and if we go 5-7 this year it'd be fair to compare this team to 2005. I think the the implied question here is if we've bottomed and is a solid foundation forming.