• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Did CWT implement the spread in the spring game or was it the old offense?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

This season has the potential to be even prettier.

;-)

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

well 100% this season has potential

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

If CWT is calling the plays, we will lose.

He couldn't keep up with that snails pace offense he ran the last two years. He couldn't keep up in the spring game. What makes anyone think he will suddenly be able to get plays in now?

Because he said he was disappointed in the pace of the spring game?

HE SETS THE PACE! 

I'm concerned about this, too.  There were too many times last year with the QB looking to the sideline with a panic expression on his face while the play clock was running down to nothing.  This has to be fixed.  I thought it would be fixed last year, but it wasn't.  We had some delay of games and false starts--but then again, I think we had some false starts even after we were coming off a time out that we called to avoid a delay of game.   When the play did get in just in time, it probably still caused some confusion with the call coming in so late.  There is really no excuse for these mistakes.  Again, let's hope they've addressed this and found a solution.

The confusion is when he insists on always calling the "Willie Wonka" play......

molecularfootball_part.jpg

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

Weren't the teams split between the assistant coaches in the spring game? I'm pretty sure I saw CWT on the field observing most of the game.

Edited by BullMSEE

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

I think year one, CWT had visions of the night before Christmas and what it was going to be like in the morning. Well, hello! reality... Here's your lump of coal.

Year two, he tried to tweak things, thinking that it must the small stuff that's not working. That's why we saw statements that said football comes down to formations that disguised plays, because everybody uses the same plays. Well, hello! upcoming unemployment!

I think the ucf game really showed him that his entire plan was full of holes. He was the guy calling the plays. It was his offense. And he couldn't do jack against ucf.

I'm sure he's talked to a lot of people since the ucf game -football people.

For me, I know he knows football; I believe in his coaching abilities. This is why I predict he will take us to a bowl game this year. It's just that he was wrong for two years. If he accepts the mistakes and corrects them (not tweak!) and start fresh, there's plenty of talent to do well in this butter conference.

When Mike jumped ship (OK, hopped off the bus), it meant that it wasn't going to be "his offense" anymore; he wasn't going to be a pocket passer and do what he did for two years. Translation to me: CWT has accepted his mistakes and was changing the offense.

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Nm

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  0

I think year one, CWT had visions of the night before Christmas and what it was going to be like in the morning. Well, hello! reality... Here's your lump of coal.

Year two, he tried to tweak things, thinking that it must the small stuff that's not working. That's why we saw statements that said football comes down to formations that disguised plays, because everybody uses the same plays. Well, hello! upcoming unemployment!

I think the ucf game really showed him that his entire plan was full of holes. He was the guy calling the plays. It was his offense. And he couldn't do jack against ucf.

I'm sure he's talked to a lot of people since the ucf game -football people.

For me, I know he knows football; I believe in his coaching abilities. This is why I predict he will take us to a bowl game this year. It's just that he was wrong for two years. If he accepts the mistakes and corrects them (not tweak!) and start fresh, there's plenty of talent to do well in this butter conference.

When Mike jumped ship (OK, hopped off the bus), it meant that it wasn't going to be "his offense" anymore; he wasn't going to be a pocket passer and do what he did for two years. Translation to me: CWT has accepted his mistakes and was changing the offense.

GO BULLS!

This

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Weren't the teams split between the assistant coaches in the spring game? I'm pretty sure I saw CWT on the field observing most of the game.

I believe you're correct. CWT, however, has stated he'll be calling the plays this season (again).

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I believe you're correct. CWT, however, has stated he'll be calling the plays this season (again).

The score being what it was, I'm not sure it will be a significant difference.