• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Way Too Much Merging of Topics

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

I understand the need to moderate the board.  I get it. 

However, for someone like myself who isn't on this board every single day, I think it is a little too much.

I don't even bother coming here much anymore because I don't have time to sift through 30 page topics to find good information.  

Just because a player or topic was brought up 6 months ago doesn't mean that we can't have a separate thread on the same player or topic if something new develops.  

This board was a great place for information and now it just seems boring because there are like 10 active threads with 400+ posts of a few guys just going back and forth.  Good information might still be there but casual visitors like myself won't see it.  

Just my 2 cents.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

My $0.02 is that the site may have too many forums & subforums as well. It makes it seem like the posting activity is very low.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

My $0.02 is that the site may have too many forums & subforums as well. It makes it seem like the posting activity is very low.

so OP wants less merging and you want more merging?

so OP wants less merging and you want more merging?

No, I think we are both talking about making it easier to see and follow posts & information.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

Careful, or all you guys get merged with deleted threads

• Upvote 1

Careful, or all you guys get merged with deleted threads

LOL.

It may just be the way I use the site, but I only bookmark this forum & occasionally check the recruiting forum.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I think the mods do a good job overall in merging threads.

In most cases it's apparently done to avoid duplication, or to move it to a place more relevant to the topic, and to where the casual visitor can get more information on that particular subject.

Someone, who infrequently visits the board should start reading from a date in the thread when he/she was last here, to see the newest posts. Of course, if someone wants to read earlier info on that particular subject, they have the ability to do that as well.

Also, the search engine is helpful to find posts on a specific subject.

As to the number of boards, that was apparently done to make it easier to find various subjects so as not to clutter up the main board which is primarily for USF athletics. Of course, there are some topics that overlap with other boards and the mod has to make a decision whether to keep it here or move it elsewhere.

I never visit some of those other boards because their topics don't interest me.

I will on occasion read/write posts on some of the other boards.

I'm just glad I am not a mod as it is a pretty thankless "voluntary" job.

So, I'll just say thank you to them now.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

I understand the need to moderate the board.  I get it. 

However, for someone like myself who isn't on this board every single day, I think it is a little too much.

I don't even bother coming here much anymore because I don't have time to sift through 30 page topics to find good information.  

Just because a player or topic was brought up 6 months ago doesn't mean that we can't have a separate thread on the same player or topic if something new develops.  

This board was a great place for information and now it just seems boring because there are like 10 active threads with 400+ posts of a few guys just going back and forth.  Good information might still be there but casual visitors like myself won't see it.  

Just my 2 cents.  

Can you be a wee bit more specific? There really hasn't been a whole lot of merging going on unless something happens and there are two different threads started on it ... and just to clarify also, sometimes a poster themselves will go back and add something to an old thread that bumps it .... finally, it doesn't just SEEM boring, it is. It's freaking July.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just waiting for this thread to turn into another one of those lame Publix threads. 😗

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

It's only lame if you don't go.