• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Way Too Much Merging of Topics

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

The only board I would like to see merged onto the main board would be recruiting.

That's probably the most important board that should NOT be merged here. LOL

The whole purpose of having a recruiting board in the first place was so that people would have all the info about prospects in one convenient place without having to scroll through a multitude of non recruiting threads on here.

Of course, in the summer months, more recruiting is allowed to be discussed on this board, because it's a slow time of the year. If it got out of hand, though, I assume the mods would ship some of those threads off to that board.

I completely disagree. It would be more up to date and fresh if it was on the main board. Now you have one broad thread on the recruiting board and it is too long. Of course all I really care about is men's BB and football.

Perhaps, I don't understand your point.

You say, "Now you have one broad thread on the recruiting board and it is too long."

There are separate threads for each player on there.

There are also two separate threads relating to verbals - One for football and one for basketball - for a particular year.

If there is a prospect you are interested in and can't immediately find a thread on him, you can search his name on that board to see whether he has ever been mentioned. If he has not, you can start a thread with him as the subject.

If all the recruiting topics were merged on this board, you would have a much more difficult time in finding them.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I think there are way too many threads.  There should just be one thread with 500,000 pages dating back to 1997

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

The only board I would like to see merged onto the main board would be recruiting.

The whole purpose of having a recruiting board in the first place was so that people would have all the info about prospects in one convenient place without having to scroll through a multitude of non recruiting threads on here.

Of course, in the summer months, more recruiting is allowed to be discussed on this board, because it's a slow time of the year. If it got out of hand, though, I assume the mods would ship some of those threads off to that board.

I completely disagree. It would be more up to date and fresh if it was on the main board. Now you have one broad thread on the recruiting board and it is too long. Of course all I really care about is men's BB and football.

You say, "Now you have one broad thread on the recruiting board and it is too long."

There are also two separate threads relating to verbals - One for football and one for basketball - for a particular year.

If there is a prospect you are interested in and can't immediately find a thread on him, you can search his name on that board to see whether he has ever been mentioned. If he has not, you can start a thread with him as the subject.

If all the recruiting topics were merged on this board, you would have a much more difficult time in finding them.

Ok, I see what you are saying and that makes sense as a seperate board. Perhaps if the main board could note when additions have been made to the recruiting board that would be helpful. Sometimes I go on there and there are no changes. Other times I will go on there and it's like an explosion of recruits have occurred. Thus, for me, the recruiting board is difficult to stay up on unless I am checking it every day. Yes, I am lazy and forgetful lol.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,043
  • Days Won:  11

There are also two separate threads relating to verbals - One for football and one for basketball - for a particular year.

Ok, I see what you are saying and that makes sense as a seperate board. Perhaps if the main board could note when additions have been made to the recruiting board that would be helpful. Sometimes I go on there and there are no changes. Other times I will go on there and it's like an explosion of recruits have occurred. Thus, for me, the recruiting board is difficult to stay up on unless I am checking it every day. Yes, I am lazy and forgetful lol.

couldn't you just "follow" that board?

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Fortunately for me I have OCD, so if the logo is green, I have to go to that board if for no other reason than to clear the new post color.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Of course... if you go here: http://www.thebullspen.com/forum/4-thebullspencom-forums/

You can see if a board has an update... and then if you read the handful of posts you care about, you can mark the entire forum as read.

Ok thank you

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I use the mobile skin most often because when I open a thread it defaults me to the first unread post. Love that feature (and wish it was a setting on the regular version). But when I do use my laptop, there's a button in each thread for "First Unread" or something like that. That way I skip all the stuff I've already read.

If there's something to complain about, it should be the lack of photos in Publix-related threads... ;)

Edited by NCBull

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

One example that comes to mind is the thread on Asantii.  It originally began to announce that he was transferring...there were about 10 pages full of comments/speculation/trashing holtz, etc. 

Then it was confirmed that he was coming to USF.  This, in my opinion, should have been another separate thread.  If you come to this board and see a title "Asantii Woulard is transfering...." and have to go through 14 pages of speculation to find out something was actually confirmed.

Just because both topics are about Asantii I don't think both topics are the same.  One to announce he is transferring.  One to announce he is coming to USF

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,069
  • Days Won:  469

Was that merged or just someone posting in an ongoing discussion thread?

As you can see the Penn State transfer was discussed in a thread, but when official notice came out, there was a new thread created.

It's a good point that though, and many follow, breaking news has typically always garnered its own new thread.