• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Way Too Much Merging of Topics

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I understand the need to moderate the board.  I get it. 

However, for someone like myself who isn't on this board every single day, I think it is a little too much.

I don't even bother coming here much anymore because I don't have time to sift through 30 page topics to find good information.  

Just because a player or topic was brought up 6 months ago doesn't mean that we can't have a separate thread on the same player or topic if something new develops.  

This board was a great place for information and now it just seems boring because there are like 10 active threads with 400+ posts of a few guys just going back and forth.  Good information might still be there but casual visitors like myself won't see it.  

Just my 2 cents.

Can you be a wee bit more explicit? There really hasn't been a whole lot of merging going on unless something happens and 2 posters start a thread on it ... and just to clarify also, sometimes a poster themselves will go back and add something to an old thread that bumps it .... finally, it doesn't just SEEM boring, it is. It's freaking July.

Good point.

Regardless of how we are doing, over the years, the summer months have always been so slow. That's just the nature of the beast.

Having said that, of course, when we are doing well in football and or basketball, there will usually be more fan excitement and more posts looking ahead to the next season. But, even when we are, it's still the off season.

There are some things happening in the next few weeks, with some of our men and women basketball players competing in international tourneys, that will interest some people here. However, SOMEONE has to take the time to follow those players and post that info on this board. So, anybody who is bored here, but is interested in USF athletics can find something to do off the board, without expecting to just be spoon fed their entertainment.

Frankly, some people are just ungrateful.

If this board didn't exist, even in slow times, many of the same people complaining would realize what they had.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,068
  • Days Won:  469

It probably won't come as a surpise to anyone that has been around at least the last half of the board's 16 years but traffic is about 75% off of peak partly due to time of year and partly due to the state of the program.

I appreciate those that do come here frequently to stay in touch, pass on some news or offer an opinion.

Boards were split when posting was so fast and furious people complained that threads fell off the front page before they could be read.

I don't think there is a lot of merging. I hope not and I don't see it. I also ask mods not to overly moderate, especially over summer months.

I appreciate Matt's comments, but he isn't really here that much anymore so he says. We haven't had a member survey in a while, maybe we should. Nonetheless, I invite input from our regular members - especially the frequent users. What do you like? What should we do/not do? What don't you like? The board was built on member input. Please share.

If you'd like to help out around here, let me know.

On a related note, our software will be fully upgraded in the next 4-6 weeks. More to come on that.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Guy down the hall from me has Publix fried chicken and it smells AMAZING.  

The only time I see threads get merged is if it is truly a redundant thread or if one of the idiot Kanigits comes on here and posts UCF nonsense, then it gets sent to the Dumbgeon.  I don't have a problem at all with the way the mods are handling things.

Good job guys.  

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

My $0.02 is that the site may have too many forums & subforums as well. It makes it seem like the posting activity is very low.

I actually appreciate the organization of the board and it makes it easier to find the topics I am most interested in even if they are few and far between. If anything in the recruiting board I wish there were a separation of football and basketball recruiting topics (sorry I care not about basketball other then I wish our team well)

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

The only board I would like to see merged onto the main board would be recruiting.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I like the board just the way it is.  July is typically smack dab in the dead zone for posting by the the time camp gets rolling things will be back to normal.  Also, once we string together a few good seasons we would need to go back to what we have now when traffic inevitably ramps back up.....

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Oh, how I wish there was a thread I could merge this with. >)

The only board I would like to see merged onto the main board would be recruiting.

That's probably the most important board that should NOT be merged here. LOL

The whole purpose of having a recruiting board in the first place was so that people would have all the info about prospects in one convenient place without having to scroll through a multitude of non recruiting threads on here.

Of course, in the summer months, more recruiting is allowed to be discussed on this board, because it's a slow time of the year. If it got out of hand, though, I assume the mods would ship some of those threads off to that board.

Oh, how I wish there was a thread I could merge this with. >)

If you search hard enough, I bet you could find an appropriate one. :)

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

That's probably the most important board that should NOT be merged here. LOL

The whole purpose of having a recruiting board in the first place was so that people would have all the info about prospects in one convenient place without having to scroll through a multitude of non recruiting threads on here.

Of course, in the summer months, more recruiting is allowed to be discussed on this board, because it's a slow time of the year. If it got out of hand, though, I assume the mods would ship some of those threads off to that board.

I completely disagree. It would be more up to date and fresh if it was on the main board. There are not enough recruits for this to be a long winded thread. We already do this on football signing day and it works fine. Of course all I really care about is men's BB and football. Edited by NewEnglandBull