• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN...UCF...REALLY?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  441
  • Days Won:  2

5 hours ago, mjadams said:

During a picking game yesterday called the bear...the bot....the baby on espn. All 3 picked TT!

I thought it was funny so I included it in my game video I uploaded.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,009
  • Days Won:  38

6 hours ago, python815 said:

I thought it was funny so I included it in my game video I uploaded.

I saw that in your video.  The Bear and the Bot picked Texas Tech.  Not sure about the baby...  Oh my bad the baby picked TTU too.  Foolish child ..

Edited by Rocky Style
Babies.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I was talking with a guy from UCF about this, and he said they do the same thing with them by calling them USF. They have both schools mad.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

Stop watching ESPN.

There are plenty of better ways to get better USF coverage.  Bulls Unlimited has been great.

Don't like their inflammatory articles (tbt)? Don't click the link.  Don't like their indifference (ESPN)?  Don't watch.  

Sure, Bulls Unlimited and The daily stampede, et al. may be a bunch if homers, but at least they get the name right and know more about the teams they cover.

Edited by gibbsak
Spelling

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

On 12/23/2017 at 6:54 PM, Z Bull said:

I have gotten so perturbed this year with ESPN calling us UCF. So I called them after hearing it again at halftime and during the highlights after our bowl game and the highlights played during the other games.

I forgot the guy’s name. It was not Joey Galloway or Jesse Palmer. I asked politely that he be informed of his mistake and if they could correct the highlights narrative. 

I was told that it would be passed on but not guaranteed that the highlights narrative will be corrected. But at least they know it was noticed.  

honest mistake

you shouldnt get so upset

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

If I'm not mistaken, Jessie (I was on the Bachelor, and I'm a Gator, Gator) Palmer picked USF and was actually pulling for Quentin Flowers to pull things around in the 2nd half. Palmer seems to follow USF and throws credit our way more often than not. It's Galloway that poo-poo'ing on how inept both offenses looked in the first half. I was admittedly a few brews in, but that's how I remember it. 

• Like 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

4 hours ago, Paisa el Toro said:

If I'm not mistaken, Jessie (I was on the Bachelor, and I'm a Gator, Gator) Palmer picked USF and was actually pulling for Quentin Flowers to pull things around in the 2nd half. Palmer seems to follow USF and throws credit our way more often than not. It's Galloway that poo-poo'ing on how inept both offenses looked in the first half. I was admittedly a few brews in, but that's how I remember it. 

Saw some chart on ESPN (in establishment, no sound) that looked like it had something about a confidence pool and Palmer had us with a 39. That would mean he pretty much had us as a slam dunk win, correct?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

36 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Saw some chart on ESPN (in establishment, no sound) that looked like it had something about a confidence pool and Palmer had us with a 39. That would mean he pretty much had us as a slam dunk win, correct?

Correct... he was certainly the exception 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

I havent watched ESPN in 10 years except for when I am forced to because it airs USF games. They are destroying college football, and have been for some time. Boycott that ish, I say. Wish the AAC would sign with some other network which would promote us and pay more than beans.

• Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,282
  • Days Won:  10

On 12/23/2017 at 10:38 PM, Mama_Bull said:

You would think that by now they would know the difference.

I would like to see that in comparison vs. the clowns from Rat World (Orlando).