• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Closes Regular Season Monday

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

As I was watching the score scroll under the Kansas game it dawned on me that we held them to 40 points in the 2nd half. Pretty sure they had 28 in each of the first 2 quarters.  The rebounding thing was really weird.  Seemed like they had every offensive board and I looked up at the scoreboard up in the corner and we were tied (sometime in the 3rd quarter I believe) in total rebounds.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Watching the highlights, I was struck by how physical some of our players are capable of

http://www.gousfbulls.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?id=5996527&db_oem_id=7700

Pujol and Warioba are done this year, but looked strong tonight

Henshaw and Nagy look to be able to pound it in the trees, and Jespersen looks like she' no longer afraid to work inside.

Hopefully we get two more shots at UConn, once in the AAC title game, and again in the Final Four, and win both!

Edited by charsibb

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, charsibb said:

Watching the highlights, I was struck by how physical some of our players are capable of

http://www.gousfbulls.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?id=5996527&db_oem_id=7700

Pujol and Warioba are done this year, but looked strong tonight

Henshaw and Nagy look to be able to pound it in the trees, and Jespersen looks like she' no longer afraid to work inside.

Hopefully we get two more shots at UConn, once in the AAC title game, and again in the Final Four, and win both!

I really would be happy with getting our revenge against Temple and C Florida. 

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

10 hours ago, Ned A Starr said:

The arc is the same for men and women in NCAA basketball, has been for about 5 years.

I thought that happened but my quick google search did not show that. Thanks. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

UCONN women is really imbalanced because against most teams they have 6 of the best 8 or 9 players in the gym. Which makes it near impossible to beat them. 

Look at our teams last year when we played. Williams is a pro. We all knew she would be, yet UCONN had 5 of the best 6 players on the court. You need a hell of a day to beat those odds. 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

I saw flashes of hope tonight for us to make a small run in the NCAA tourney. I was really impressed with Nagy. She might be our second best player next season. Puloj played fearlessly, as you would expect from the Senior. Here's to hoping we make it to the AAC Final and the Sweet 16. With the right seed (7 or 10) we have a chance. 

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

12 minutes ago, Ned A Starr said:

Apparently you haven't watched our gals play against top-15 teams, but hey, don't stop dreaming.

I wouldn't consider this out of the picture, but I wouldn't expect it. We should be able to win in he first round (should) and they only need one good game against a top 16 team to make the sweet 16. I really don't find this unrealistic.

42 minutes ago, Ned A Starr said:

Apparently you haven't watched our gals play against top-15 teams, but hey, don't stop dreaming.

I watched the Louisville game and we played them close for all but a 5 minute stretch in the 2nd quarter. Nagy only logged 9 minutes of action and last night showed that we are ready to compete. We got a total of 12 minutes off of the bench while Louisville got 61 minutes of productivity from their bench. We shot abysmally from 3 point range that night as well. With Laksa's streaky shooting that could easily change.   I'm not saying that we are good enough to beat a team like that every night, but we just have to be good enough on the night that we play them.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, BullyPulpit said:

I saw flashes of hope tonight for us to make a small run in the NCAA tourney. I was really impressed with Nagy. She might be our second best player next season. Puloj played fearlessly, as you would expect from the Senior. Here's to hoping we make it to the AAC Final and the Sweet 16. With the right seed (7 or 10) we have a chance. 

Announcers seemed to think we would be an 8 or 9 last night which puts us up against a 1 seed on their court for the second round. With our seeding the past 2 years that would be a 4th game at UCONN. A 7 or 10 seed would be a blessing. 

Just now, 206BULL said:

Announcers seemed to think we would be an 8 or 9 last night which puts us up against a 1 seed on their court for the second round. With our seeding the past 2 years that would be a 4th game at UCONN. A 7 or 10 seed would be a blessing. 

We have another loss essentially guaranteed. If it comes against UCONN it probably doesn't hurt our seeding, if it comes against Temple, we could drop down to a 10. Remember, ESPN is just using Charlie Creme's prediction, doesn't mean he will be correct.