• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Golf final rankings

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Not shabby...awesome year!

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

The dog days of summer are upon us, so I figured I'd keep this thread alive, since our guys are still playing in golf tournaments around the world, getting ready for next season.

First, the College Golf Coaches STILL have not released their final poll. LOL 

Meanwhile, Both Koepka and Fernandes earned 2015 Honorable mention  Alll American status. 

And, AAC Fresmen of the year, Correa won the Mexican Amateur by TEN shots!

This week those three, along with many other college players from top teams, will be playing in the 62nd Annual Sunnehanna Amateur Tournament For Champions

June 17 - 20, 2015 in Johnstown, Pennsylvania.

USF Mens Golf â€@USFMensGolf  1h1 hour ago
Good luck to @RigelFernandes @ChaseKoepka & @yayokiii teeing it up this week in the @SCCAmateur #represent

In case anybody thinks that this is just another tourney, about every top name in professional golf has competed there, including Palmer, Nicklaus, Woods and Mickelson, and none of those players ever won it. LOL 

https://www.sunnehanna.com/index.php/tournament-players/tournament-photos

2015 player field:

https://www.sunnehanna.com/index.php/tournament-players/2015-field

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Hey Mama_Bull, what are the chances any of these guys turn pro? Are there any rules as to when one could? Is there enough money for someone ranked around 200, or would income come from sponsorship.

I guess my real question is, any chance of these guys leaving before they graduate?

Edited by BDYZR

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Hey Mama_Bull, what are the chances any of these guys turn pro? Are there any rules as to when one could? Is there enough money for someone ranked around 200, or would income come from sponsorship.

I guess my real question is, any chance of these guys leaving before they graduate?

I think all three will become professional golfers, to one degree or another, AFTER they graduate from USF. I doubt any of them leave early, but you never know.

Correa (fr) who is from Chili, would likely be the one to leave early, if any of them did. I only say that because of a comment he made on TV when in the hunt for the individual leader t the NCAA finals, where he said that winning it would mean bringing him the next step closer to becoming a pro. So, I know that is his ultimate goal.

BTW, in addition to the USF players mentioned in this thread, I'm interested in seeing how Francisco Ruffino plays next year. He sat out the season, after transferring from Michigan State, and recently played very well at a tourney. He was a standout golfer as a junior, and might have a big impact on next year's USF squad.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Ahem, Chili? Really? ...typos are awesome, and that's a great one right there.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

I think all three will become professional golfers, to one degree or another, AFTER they graduate from USF. I doubt any of them leave early, but you never know.

Correa (fr) who is from Chili, would likely be the one to leave early, if any of them did. I only say that because of a comment he made on TV when in the hunt for the individual leader t the NCAA finals, where he said that winning it would mean bringing him the next step closer to becoming a pro. So, I know that is his ultimate goal.

BTW, in addition to the USF players mentioned in this thread, I'm interested in seeing how Francisco Ruffino plays next year. He sat out the season, after transferring from Michigan State, and recently played very well at a tourney. He was a standout golfer as a junior, and might have a big impact on next year's USF squad.

Off topic but that last name brings back some nice memories of Tampa Jai Alai ...

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

She meant to say Chili's - he's a waiter in the offseason...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

What will we do 'til next golf season?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

What will we do 'til next golf season?

attack typos... :GoBulls:

• Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,016
  • Days Won:  0

Going pro is lot harder in golf than any other sport. Its pretty unlikely they go pro early.

From an amateur prospective the steps are

1) Pre- Qualifiaction tourney. Cost $2700 - $3500 (depending on  when you sign up) top 50% advancce. No Tour status players. Only 3% of players who enter at this stage get a Web.com card. 3 rounds of golf

2) Stage 1 qualifying - Cost $2500 if Pre Q , $4,000 - $5,000 (one year fee) otherwise. Pre Q advancers and PGA and Web .com tour players who made a cut in previous year from a sanctioned event. Only 12% of players who enter at this stage get their card. four rounds of golf

3) Stage 2 Qualifying - Cost $4,000 - $5,000 (if not already paid in stage 1) Stage 1 advancers and PGA and Web.com tour Players High on web.com money list. Only 19% of players from this stage get their card. 4 rounds of golf

4) Stage 3 qualifying - Cost $4,000 - $5,000 (if not already paid) Stage 2 advancers and previously exempt PGA, Web.com and international tour players. Only top 45 finishers get Web.com card. Others are allowed to enter Web.com events but are not granted auto entry. They must qualify for Web.com tour events. 6 rounds of golf

Web.com players are Web.com tour card players, PGA players who did not qualify for PGA event that week, International players who meet Web.com requirements, and Stage 3 players who did not earn their Web.com card.

From Web.com to PGA

1) Only Web.com qualifiers or special exemptions can play on PGA tour. Special exemptions: win a PGA Tour through sponsor exemption, receive multiple sponsor exemptions and finish in top 125 of FedEx cup points if you were a tour player, play with enough sponsor exemptions to earn 150 place FedEx cup points, which will give you a 1 year exemption.

2) Other wise you need to win 3 times in a single season on Web.com tour.

3) Advance through Web.com tour finals. Web.com Tour finals requirement is top 75 on Web.com tour money list or 126 - 200 on PGA tour FedEx cup points and non PGA tour players who would have been 126 - 200 on FedEx cup points if they had been members. Top 25 of Web.com Finals money winners get PGA tour card. Top 25 money winners on Web.com tour also get PGA tour card. Auto qualifiers (top 25 Web.com tour) must play in finals to establish PGA tour priority seeding. PGA tour events are seeded and only the highest seeds that apply for the tourney are allowed to compete. For example if a tour event is limited to 200 players only the top 195 seeds are entered the remaining must compete in Monday qualifying for the final spots.

Web.com Tour Finals

Four tourneys in September and early October. Top 25 money winners in these four tourneys get their PGA tour card.

Basically you need to perform extremely well in sponsor exemptions or grind it out. 

Edited by Buller64
  • Upvote 1