• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bucs/Bulls draft musings (Pulled form another thread)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

After VJ and Evans, the WR talent drops off pretty steep. They need a great slot WR.

What about Davis' skillset says "slot" to you?

Where did he say Andre could be a slot receiver?

WTF is he responding for then?

Clearly he was responding saying that Andre Davis was NOT a great fit with the Bucs because his skillset isn't that of a slot WR.  

A little intuitive reading might have caught that, but let's not let that get in the way of a good dickish post.  

Edited by GaUSFBull

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

all teams would have been interested in Andre Davis if he had speed.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Happy for him!! Not a big fan of the Bucs for passing on Andre Davis. Won't be watching them much I guess

WR is about the only thing the Bucs don't need.

Def not true. That's why they drafted Kenny Bell. VJax is on the wrong end of 30, and they don't have very much depth.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Let me put it another way, WR isn't what's keeping the Bucs from the playoffs.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  19

I want to respond to NewEnglandBull's comment about the Bucs owing USF nothing. I disagree, but not in the way being mentioned in this thread.

First, the football people at the Bucs must do whatever they think is best to win games. They had the worst record in the NFL this year, people's job are constantly on the line if they don't win. If they think an all Gator roster will get them there, they need to be free to make that call, without feeling any obligations to USF.

But, they Bucs have business people who have nothing to do with the product on the field, and I do think they owe USF something. They make their living in a community stadium, and make millions of dollars off of non-Buc stadium events, which very much include the 6-7 USF games a year. The stadium belongs to the community and not the Bucs. I strongly believe that they could make a win win partnership. Much the same way that the Bucs will offer passwords to presales to Taylor Swift concerts they should also act in a manner that shows a desire for USF games to be played in front of as many fans as possible (since it is money in their pocket too). How about announcing upcoming games at the stadium where the Bucs mention USF games and USF mentions Bucs games. How about allowing USF to make a special offer to Bucs season ticket holders? It is a win - win, but one side has always said no.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I want to respond to NewEnglandBull's comment about the Bucs owing USF nothing. I disagree, but not in the way being mentioned in this thread.

First, the football people at the Bucs must do whatever they think is best to win games. They had the worst record in the NFL this year, people's job are constantly on the line if they don't win. If they think an all Gator roster will get them there, they need to be free to make that call, without feeling any obligations to USF.

But, they Bucs have business people who have nothing to do with the product on the field, and I do think they owe USF something. They make their living in a community stadium, and make millions of dollars off of non-Buc stadium events, which very much include the 6-7 USF games a year. The stadium belongs to the community and not the Bucs. I strongly believe that they could make a win win partnership. Much the same way that the Bucs will offer passwords to presales to Taylor Swift concerts they should also act in a manner that shows a desire for USF games to be played in front of as many fans as possible (since it is money in their pocket too). How about announcing upcoming games at the stadium where the Bucs mention USF games and USF mentions Bucs games. How about allowing USF to make a special offer to Bucs season ticket holders? It is a win - win, but one side has always said no.

I agree completely with your point in terms of merchandise, game announcements, etc. Historically, I know this has not been done by the Bucs and I doubt by the Steelers, Chargers, etc. (any teams that shares their stadium with a college program). I just don't think the NFL corporate culture thinks that way. If you can prove that the Buc's ROI increases due to a marketing association then they would be all over it. Doing it because we share a stadium means little to an NFL team. Edited by NewEnglandBull