• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What will USF pay in Cost of Attendance

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

This is NOT rehashing subjects.  Just because USF has made generic statements about wanting to provide the COA stipend does not mean it is currently doing so.  Other schools, including AAC schools, not just so called power 5 schools, are announcing HARD NUMBERS as to what they will be providing.  If you don't think this will be used in recruiting then you don't know about recruiting.  FACT, ECU and Memphis have ALREADY announced hard figures and that each scholarship athlete will be provided over 4K a year in COA.  Meanwhile USF has given a generic statement about wanting to provide funds.  But so far are offering zero actual dollars (to the best of my knowledge).  There is a big difference in saying we might offer something down the line and "we are offering 4,298 dollars per year" in cost of attendance stipends. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222

The NCAA is still going to be limiting the amount of stipend across Div 1 so I don't know what the conversation is about here.  It's not like it's going to be some extraordinary amount.  I would think the stipend depends mainly on cost of living in a particular area of the country.  Harlan has said it will keep pace with whatever the power 5 is doing in this regard.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

This is NOT rehashing subjects.  Just because USF has made generic statements about wanting to provide the COA stipend does not mean it is currently doing so.  Other schools, including AAC schools, not just so called power 5 schools, are announcing HARD NUMBERS as to what they will be providing.  If you don't think this will be used in recruiting then you don't know about recruiting.  FACT, ECU and Memphis have ALREADY announced hard figures and that each scholarship athlete will be provided over 4K a year in COA.  Meanwhile USF has given a generic statement about wanting to provide funds.  But so far are offering zero actual dollars (to the best of my knowledge).  There is a big difference in saying we might offer something down the line and "we are offering 4,298 dollars per year" in cost of attendance stipends. 

So...what you're saying is, you have no actual information that recruits aren't being given these numbers, you're just declaring that since USF didn't tell you, they have no plan?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

So then to BullsFanInTX's credit, we still don't have any concrete numbers announced. I hope USF announces soon and is on par with the other state schools in FL. This is something that should at least be announced on the official twitter page so that the info gets flushed around.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Patience . . . grasshoppers. :FIREdevil:

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I'd like to know what we're doing, but I don't think I agree that I should know or that USF has any obligation to let me know. The only people this impacts are the kids looking into coming to the school and I would be very surprised if they're being misled or that our athletic department isn't telling them what we're planning to do in reagrds to the matter.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,519
  • Days Won:  422

I totally agree that this is not a rehashing of subjects ... but just to clarify, the official stance from USF was not we might offer something, but that we will. What you're asking in this thread is a pretty valid question .... has anybody heard what that amount will be.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210

They may be giving info to recruits, we don't know.  All I am saying is that every else is announcing hard numbers to the world.  There is a reason these schools are doing this.  And it isn't just the so called "power five".  USF has not so far (to my knowledge).  If I am wrong, show me where they have. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

$5,666 - Tennessee
$5,586 - Auburn
$5,202 - Louisville
$5,126 - Mississippi State
$5,100 - Texas Tech
$4,788 - Penn State
$4,700 - TCU
$4,614 - Oklahoma