• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What will USF pay in Cost of Attendance

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

My argument/harassment was over the fact that USF can offer the money, yet not tweet it out for the fans. Just because they haven't made a statement doesn't mean they're not doing it. To assume they aren't for the same reason implies your base belief is we lied when we said we would.

I don't think the OP was suggesting that.

I am 100% certain it is what he was suggesting.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,519
  • Days Won:  422

OK, so USF has said they are going to provide a COA stipend at some point.  Great.

That point is the 2015-16 season. It's in the proposed budget:

This includes a 62-cent increase per credit hour to allocate $600,000 toward covering the differential of the full cost of attendance for student athlete scholarships.

NCAA legislation now allows universities to pay for an athlete’s full estimated cost of attendance beyond tuition and board, such as books and supplies and transportation.

The annual cost of attendance is estimated by the USF financial aid website to cost an additional $4,450 for each of the 158 full-scholarship athletes after deducting the value of a their current scholarship, according to the proposal.

However every other program is releasing HARD DOLLAR AMOUNTS, either officially or unofficially through the media.  They are also stating those numbers will be provided this upcoming year  That's the point.  It's that important to release these numbers to the world.  Every single (and I hesitate to use this stupid term) Power 5 program has released ACTUAL DOLLAR AMOUNTS.  In addition a lot of so called Gang of 5 members have released their numbers.  You even have an FCS program, Liberty, that has released COA info.  Don't you think there is a reason all of these schools are rushing out and announcing numbers as fast as they can.  Hmmmm....

I also find it hard to believe that USF is still working on the numbers, WHEN EVERY SINGLE SCHOOL IN THE COUNTRY has already worked on theirs and released the info.

Maybe I'm using the wrong Search criteria but I found few schools of any type announcing actual numbers to the world for 2015-16 ... so if that's what you're basing the importance of this on, it doesn't appear to be very valid. As has been stated, the important thing is that the ones in contact with the prospective recruits are informed as they can be with our situation .... It's really none of the world's **** business.

Maybe I'm using the wrong Search criteria but I found few schools of any type announcing actual numbers to the world for 2015-16 ... so if that's what you're basing the importance of this on, it doesn't appear to be very valid. As has been stated, the important thing is that the ones in contact with the prospective recruits are informed as they can be with our situation .... It's really none of the world's **** business.

That information is public record for almost every school. Every school (public or private) has to report it the Federal Department of Education so the DOE can determine the appropriate financial aid.

It's not published in newspapers, and it won't be posted on the DOE website.

But a FOI request could get it.

OK, so USF has said they are going to provide a COA stipend at some point.  Great.  However every other program is releasing HARD DOLLAR AMOUNTS, either officially or unofficially through the media.  They are also stating those numbers will be provided this upcoming year  That's the point.  It's that important to release these numbers to the world.  Every single (and I hesitate to use this stupid term) Power 5 program has released ACTUAL DOLLAR AMOUNTS.  In addition a lot of so called Gang of 5 members have released their numbers.  You even have an FCS program, Liberty, that has released COA info.  Don't you think there is a reason all of these schools are rushing out and announcing numbers as fast as they can.  Hmmmm....

I also find it hard to believe that USF is still working on the numbers, WHEN EVERY SINGLE SCHOOL IN THE COUNTRY has already worked on theirs and released the info.  

Actually, you are a bit off here.  USF has these numbers already, and you can see them on the USF website.  The "full cost of attendance" is not an athletic issue - it is actually used by the Federal Department of Education to determine the need for financial aid.  Every school has to provide these numbers to the DOE -- and they almost always share them with the public.

For example... here are the numbers for UCF: http://finaid.ucf.edu/applying/app_costs.html

Heck... when I say every school... here is the University of WEST Florida: http://uwf.edu/offices/financial-aid/cost-of-attendance/cost-of-attendance/

Schools aren't "releasing" the numbers... reporters are just smart enough to use Google.

But they didn't tweet the information...

And don't go poking fun at UWF, they're my first alma mater and starting up football in 2016.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,339
  • Days Won:  43

And don't go poking fun at UWF, they're my first alma mater and starting up football in 2016.

Stay calm! It will be fine! Don't worry!

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

You were an Argonaut undergrad and a Bull graduate student?  Or did you do multiple undergrad degrees?

Argo undergrad, Bull grad.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,519
  • Days Won:  422

Actually, you are a bit off here.  USF has these numbers already, and you can see them on the USF website.  The "full cost of attendance" is not an athletic issue - it is actually used by the Federal Department of Education to determine the need for financial aid.  Every school has to provide these numbers to the DOE -- and they almost always share them with the public.

For example... here are the numbers for UCF: http://finaid.ucf.edu/applying/app_costs.html

Heck... when I say every school... here is the University of WEST Florida: http://uwf.edu/offices/financial-aid/cost-of-attendance/cost-of-attendance/

Schools aren't "releasing" the numbers... reporters are just smart enough to use Google.

FWIW...people who claim a connection to UCF athletics say $3,500 per athlete has been budgeted for the 2015-2016 year.  But it has not been published anywhere that I know of.  Interestingly, the UCF website you linked would seem to indicate that the actual number should be $4,944 (Personal Expenses + Transportation) so who knows.  I think that's why so many people are concerned that some powerful schools are going to try and manipulate the numbers to their advantage, despite the fact that the numbers are supposedly "publicly available."

One of the articles I saw said this was going to be a problem between Athletics and the school. Sports guys will want to jack it up to pay the athletes more but admissions will want to keep it sensible so as to not discourage potential students .... As far as UCF is concerned, maybe some Transportation is already included in the scholarship. Can't see them being that far below us when we've budgeted $4400.