• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AC & Dre are out....more to come

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

I payed attention, a lot of attention, but AC was a gym rat and he balled for love of the game. He wasn't the best fit for this offensive scheme, that much we know, but I was really hoping he would just use the offseason to adjust to it rather than leave. Dre' I figured was out and I'm hard-pressed to feel bad about that one. But I am not excited about AC leaving.

That leaves us Roddy Peters and McMurray at the point. McMurray from what I have seen is more of an extremely short 2 than a pure 1.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

I payed attention, a lot of attention, but AC was a gym rat and he balled for love of the game. He wasn't the best fit for this offensive scheme, that much we know, but I was really hoping he would just use the offseason to adjust to it rather than leave. Dre' I figured was out and I'm hard-pressed to feel bad about that one. But I am not excited about AC leaving.

That leaves us Roddy Peters and McMurray at the point. McMurray from what I have seen is more of an extremely short 2 than a pure 1.

They are looking for players that fit the system... and they don't want to wait.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Very sad about this, but it was probably best for both kids. Best wishes to them and nothing but love for their time as Bulls!

They are looking for players that fit the system... and they don't want to wait.

That seems to be the thought process. I get it, I really do, but losing AC stings and finding a talent at the point at this time to come off the bench...lets just say I'm having the hard time seeing it all come together right. I have faith but I'm also a skeptic

I have faith in the staffs ability to pull it all together, however I am skeptical of the moves.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Sad about AC moving on. Probably my second favorite USF BB player of all time.

After the McCullum debacle I was very turned off to our basketball program. In his first year Collins brought a lot of excitement back to the program. At least he did for me.

He wasn't a scorer so not really made for this offense. I think things for him would have been different if he was surrounded by experienced quality talent this year. Kind of hard to be an assist guy, running the floor, when you don't have any talent surrounding you.

Sad to see him go, but as he will be a grad transfer next year not surprised.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,697
  • Days Won:  7

Dodged a bullet by cutting ties with Clayton. Good to hear we get to free up his scholarship. He was no asset to this team.

Dodged a bullet by cutting ties with Clayton. Good to hear we get to free up his scholarship. He was no asset to this team.

Agreed

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,814
  • Days Won:  22

Not surprised at either of them leaving

Clayton will do better at a smaller program where his size fits better at the PF position. He is too small for division 1

AC just doesn't fit the system Antigua runs, he needs a taller PG that's also a scorer from outside. I thought AC would finish here but Peters the transfer from Maryland would have probably started over AC.

If it's true that we are adding two more inside players then we will probably see one more leaving.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Roddy Peters was a 4 star player coming out of high school, ranked as the 41st best overall player in his class by ESPN. Egbunu came out the same year and was ranked 60th on that same list. Also had offers from Kansas, Uconn, Georgetown, UCLA,  and Memphis. 

He has the potential to be an amazing player, who knows, maybe based off practices Antigua already thought he was better than Collins.

I'm more worried about how we're going to play with him off the court. Will McMurray be ready to play his true freshman season? Who else do we have to play on the ball when Peters is out of the game?

I feel like were solid at the 2/3 spots though which is good because with how Antigua wants to run were going to need some depth on the wings.

Edited by bulloni