• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MBB v Houston

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

One other thing.  Before the game at the Arena Club someone asked Rouca again about how many new faces we could expect next year.  If the past he has said up to 9.  tonight he said maybe 6 or 7.

It's Sergio Rouco.

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=209491567

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

BULLS WIN!

Three big, coachable problems. 1-Obviously free throws. 2-Passes seem to be extremely slow. 3-Trying to dribble on offensive rebounds.

Just my opinion.

My biggest coach problem is why he continues to play zone defense.  This team can't play zone and gets lit up everytime he does.  

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

BULLS WIN!

Three big, coachable problems. 1-Obviously free throws. 2-Passes seem to be extremely slow. 3-Trying to dribble on offensive rebounds.

Just my opinion.

My biggest coach problem is why he continues to play zone defense. This team can't play zone and gets lit up everytime he does.

We don't have enough bodies.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

BULLS WIN!

Just my opinion.

My biggest coach problem is why he continues to play zone defense. This team can't play zone and gets lit up everytime he does.

This is it. Probably to give the players a little rest so they can increase the offensive speed and intensity and not get burned out by the 3rd quarter. This season is about rebuilding, I don't think the coaching staff is anticipating much success now and will do things like speeding up the offense to create a culture change. The bodies will come next season and next season will include another offseason of conditioning where it'll allow them to increase defensive intensity as well. But this season is about developing offense skills/ speed which can take a bit longer than an offseason. That's my interpretation anyway.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

BULLS WIN!

Just my opinion.

This is it. Probably to give the players a little rest so they can increase the offensive speed and intensity and not get burned out by the 3rd quarter. This season is about rebuilding, I don't think the coaching staff is anticipating much success now and will do things like speeding up the offense to create a culture change. The bodies will come next season and next season will include another offseason of conditioning where it'll allow them to increase defensive intensity as well. But this season is about developing offense skills/ speed which can take a bit longer than an offseason. That's my interpretation anyway.

Agreed one hundred percent. Even the wins that we accumulate this season will be a pitch to our recruits. Though thinking long term, I don't think that we should fill every scholarship available this year. After making room for Montero I would like to see us save a couple for the next season. Tricky situation to be in.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

BULLS WIN!

Just my opinion.

My biggest coach problem is why he continues to play zone defense.  This team can't play zone and gets lit up everytime he does.  

Actually asked Rouco  (hope that makes someone happy :) ) before the game about playing zone and he said they didn't anticipate playing much because all their guys shoot 3s.  So much for these talks before the game. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

BULLS WIN!

Just my opinion.

Actually asked Rouco  (hope that makes someone happy :) ) before the game about playing zone and he said they didn't anticipate playing much because all their guys shoot 3s.  So much for these talks before the game

Which is why I don't put a whole lot of stock into much of what Sergio says in those talks. Also, not a big fan of his 9, now maybe 6 or 7, new players next year revelations during those talks. Right now we've only got 4 new players, if you include Peters, that will be available to take the court next year. IMO, if they're really planning to try and dump scholarship players for next year, that should be kept in house until something actually happens. No need to give fodder to start rumors about the college careers of our current student athletes ...

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I've been pleasantly surprised with Holston coming on in this latter part of the season. Guerrero has been developing nicely, and I'd like to see him continue bulking up this offseason. It'll be curious to see who sticks around after this season.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I'll give you my list of stays

Ruben

Holston

AC (senior)

Zeigler

Cousins (senior)

Morillo (senior)

Perry (if healthy)

Everyone else I'm skeptical that they will be back.