• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will Leavitt be the d-coordinator at Michigan?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Congrats Jim

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

Congrats Jim

Absolutely! Well deserved! What are we congratulating him for?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Did not want to start a new topic, so I'm posting this article which suggests that JL should be the DC at Oklahoma. BTW, In there it also mentions that JL turned down a position with Washington State.

The Football Brainiacs

Oklahoma addition

Making the Case for Jim leavitt

Where Is He Now?

As most of you know, Jim Harbaugh left the 49ers this year to take the head coaching job at Michigan. So Jim Leavitt is currently available. I asked some folks in the Tampa area, and I’m told that Leavitt still very much wants to coach but it sounds like he’s looking for the right opportunity. I was told he was offered a position at Washington State (not sure if it was as a DC or position coach) but turned it down.

Read the entire article at:

http://thefootballbrainiacs.com/ou-oklahoma-sooners-football-bob-stoops-jim-leavitt-coaching-search-linebackers

OMG LEAVITT GO TO WASHINGTON STATE (I now live in Washington), I would instantly go to every game.

This article was a great read, thanks for sharing.

Interesting, don't think I have ever gone to game because of a coordinator. Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

You should go to their games anyways. Mike Leach is an offensive genius - man I wished he was considered for our job after Jim was fired - it would have been awesome watching USF put up 50-points a game. It would be awesome to see who is crazier between the two... The Pirate or The Jim. Me thinks Jim is the bigger whack-job.

Well, if he has another "stellar" season at WSU and Tags doesn't come through here, the Pirate may be available ... although, he's only put up 50 points twice there, winning only one, against Portland State ... has given up 50 points 8 times, though, so we could be seeing more scoring after all.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Did not want to start a new topic, so I'm posting this article which suggests that JL should be the DC at Oklahoma. BTW, In there it also mentions that JL turned down a position with Washington State.

The Football Brainiacs

Oklahoma addition

Where Is He Now?

As most of you know, Jim Harbaugh left the 49ers this year to take the head coaching job at Michigan. So Jim Leavitt is currently available. I asked some folks in the Tampa area, and I’m told that Leavitt still very much wants to coach but it sounds like he’s looking for the right opportunity. I was told he was offered a position at Washington State (not sure if it was as a DC or position coach) but turned it down.

http://thefootballbrainiacs.com/ou-oklahoma-sooners-football-bob-stoops-jim-leavitt-coaching-search-linebackers

OMG LEAVITT GO TO WASHINGTON STATE (I now live in Washington), I would instantly go to every game.

Interesting, don't think I have ever gone to game because of a coordinator.

IDK, Remember BanditBall?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

The Football Brainiacs

Oklahoma addition

Where Is He Now?

Do you actually remember who the coordinator was? I know spurrier was HC but that's about it.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

The Football Brainiacs

Oklahoma addition

Where Is He Now?

Do you actually remember who the coordinator was? I know spurrier was HC but that's about it.

Didn't have an OC .... didn't need one.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

The Football Brainiacs

Oklahoma addition

Where Is He Now?

Didn't have an OC .... didn't need one.

Zacahary!

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,407
  • Days Won:  13

**** that Article makes me miss Leavitt.  If only we had the foresight we do now back when...

You mean if he only had the foresight.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Yeah, if he coulda seen the perfect storm. Fired angry beat writer, disgruntled donors, jealous weak AD and a kid that had problems with the truth.

I don't even consider those things in my day to day, no way Leavitt could have had the foresight or imagination.

• Upvote 1