• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2015-2018 Conference Football home and homes announced

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  0

Playing at ECU, nice. Might finally get to a game 20 years after graduating. Easy trip from the ATL.

Wow dude. I live in the ATL. Been to tons of road games. Sure hope you get to one

Yeah, life, work, and kids gets in the way. I'll get to one next year I hope, this or another. 

Quick review - and yes, I watched a very young team that made a lot of mental mistakes...

vs FAMU - FCS team that went 3-9 last year and will be getting a new head coach [WIN]

@ Maryland - USF almost lucked into a win, but MD loses a lot of talented seniors this year [LIKELY LOSS]

@ FSU - Okay, this is FSU.  [LOSS]

vs Syracuse - The Orange went 3-9 in the ACC - and lose more than half of their starters on defense [LIKELY WIN]

vs Temple - The Owls return a lot of their team from last year... but they were 6-6 without facing many tough teams.  It's at RayJay [LIKELY WIN]

vs Cincinnati - They lose a bunch of talent, but Gunner Kiel comes back.  Our toughest home game of the year [LIKELY LOSS]

vs SMU - I know it took a come-from-behind effort to do it... but I say that's because we started Flowers. If White had started, the game would not have been close. [WIN]

vs Memphis - The co-champs return their starting QB, but their RB and 9 starters on defense are gone. [TOSS UP]

@ UCF - The Knights lose a lot of talent on both sides of the ball... including their top 4 or 5 WRs.  They will take a step back. [TOSS UP]

@ Navy - The Midshipmen lose their top 3 RBs, and 1/2 their defensive starters... this could be the game USF loses when it should win [LIKELY WIN]

@ U Conn - Yeah. The Huskies are awful... and most of those awful players are coming back. [LIKELY WIN]

@ ECU - The Pirate lose their offense (QB, RB, top 2 WRs) and a bunch on defense. [TOSS UP]

So I actually think USF will go AT LEAST 6-6 with this schedule... and possible as good as 9-3.

I am not nearly as pessimistic as the rest on this board, even with CWT calling plays.

I'd be interested in seeing what you predicted the last four years before I'd put much stock into your prediction. I haven't seen anything in the last two years - on or off the field - that makes me think there are 6 likely wins next year.

On a separate note I am looking forward to the road trip to Annapolis.

For what it's worth, we were a blocked punt and a couple of ill-timed penalties away from 6-6 last year...  Watching the games last year and this season ... there was a heck of a lot of improvement... In 2014 I saw a really young team (2nd youngest in the FBS by the way) play really well and also make some really dumb mistakes... To me, it's hard to see how we can't win 6 wins.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  137
  • Days Won:  0

For what it's worth, we were a blocked punt and a couple of ill-timed penalties away from 6-6 last year...  Watching the games last year and this season ... there was a heck of a lot of improvement... In 2014 I saw a really young team (2nd youngest in the FBS by the way) play really well and also make some really dumb mistakes... To me, it's hard to see how we can't win 6 wins.

We were also a miracle second-half and a blatant uncalled offensive pass interference (giving us a last-second TD) from being 2-10.  That type of thinking works both ways.

Edited by yakacack

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,746
  • Days Won:  3

Quick review - and yes, I watched a very young team that made a lot of mental mistakes...

vs FAMU - FCS team that went 3-9 last year and will be getting a new head coach [WIN]

@ Maryland - USF almost lucked into a win, but MD loses a lot of talented seniors this year [LIKELY LOSS]

@ FSU - Okay, this is FSU.  [LOSS]

vs Syracuse - The Orange went 3-9 in the ACC - and lose more than half of their starters on defense [LIKELY WIN]

vs Temple - The Owls return a lot of their team from last year... but they were 6-6 without facing many tough teams.  It's at RayJay [LIKELY WIN]

vs Cincinnati - They lose a bunch of talent, but Gunner Kiel comes back.  Our toughest home game of the year [LIKELY LOSS]

vs SMU - I know it took a come-from-behind effort to do it... but I say that's because we started Flowers. If White had started, the game would not have been close. [WIN]

vs Memphis - The co-champs return their starting QB, but their RB and 9 starters on defense are gone. [TOSS UP]

@ UCF - The Knights lose a lot of talent on both sides of the ball... including their top 4 or 5 WRs.  They will take a step back. [TOSS UP]

@ Navy - The Midshipmen lose their top 3 RBs, and 1/2 their defensive starters... this could be the game USF loses when it should win [LIKELY WIN]

@ U Conn - Yeah. The Huskies are awful... and most of those awful players are coming back. [LIKELY WIN]

@ ECU - The Pirate lose their offense (QB, RB, top 2 WRs) and a bunch on defense. [TOSS UP]

So I actually think USF will go AT LEAST 6-6 with this schedule... and possible as good as 9-3.

I am not nearly as pessimistic as the rest on this board, even with CWT calling plays.

I'd be interested in seeing what you predicted the last four years before I'd put much stock into your prediction. I haven't seen anything in the last two years - on or off the field - that makes me think there are 6 likely wins next year.

On a separate note I am looking forward to the road trip to Annapolis.

Yeah, and we're all expecting six wins. Six wins is the minimum. Never lose sight of the fact that this is the AAC. I don't expect us to blow through the conference, steamrolling the competition...but a six win season is not out of the question.

And I'm pretty sure there's a guy who parks his car just outside the athletic facility who KNOWS that six wins is mandatory. :FIREdevil:

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

This thread is depressing