• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Travaris Robinson

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Is USF athletics capable of keeping potential targets under wraps before it's a done deal?

You know that USF athletics tends to be "leaky" with information. Bret McMurphy could have the scoop before anyone, if we're hiring anyone of notoriety.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

At this rate BMM will know before Taggart

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

So now Travaris Robinson is swirling as candidate who has no DC experience??? I see we are swinging. Maybe we catch lightning and get lucky. If we have learned anything is just because someone coached under someone doesnt make them equivalent. Ala Taggart - Harbaugh, Ala Skip Holtz-Lou Holtz.

What do you expect? No one with experience is coming here when it could be for 1 year if Taggart is fired next year unless they were fired years ago and are just sitting at home right now. It's going to have to be someone with little to no experience looking for a chance to take on that responsibility. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

GA, as an aside, that stupid blue cow makes me hate you.

Can a brother get an Amen!!!

Tough nuts, compadre! 

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

People don't realize that we can't afford a "top of the line" coordinator... we need to hire someone up and coming who probably hasn't been a coordinator before.

Besides the budget reasons... there is a VERY REAL chance this could be a one-and-done year.  New OC and DC come in, the team doesn't make a bowl, and then CWT gets canned... new coach may or may not want to keep the OC/DC.

It's very much a risk-reward play... and any existing coordinator is not likely to take that risk.

Exactly. I'd bet 90%+ of the time a new coach does not keep the OC/DC of the previous regime and brings in his guys and who he wants.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

GA, as an aside, that stupid blue cow makes me hate you.

Can a brother get an Amen!!!

Tough nuts, compadre! 

Guys, criticism is not going to make it go away, he'll just dig in deeper. Let's try false praise?

GA, I LOVE your new avatar, it really brings out the feminine side of you. It's so you! uuu uuu child!

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

^^^^^^^  :D

I'm not changing it.  Get used to it, my fellow Bulls. 

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

People don't realize that we can't afford a "top of the line" coordinator... we need to hire someone up and coming who probably hasn't been a coordinator before.

Besides the budget reasons... there is a VERY REAL chance this could be a one-and-done year.  New OC and DC come in, the team doesn't make a bowl, and then CWT gets canned... new coach may or may not want to keep the OC/DC.

It's very much a risk-reward play... and any existing coordinator is not likely to take that risk.

Exactly. I'd bet 90%+ of the time a new coach does not keep the OC/DC of the previous regime and brings in his guys and who he wants.

We're going to have to sign multi-year contracts for both the OC and DC, a la Chris Cosh a few years back.  Even then a guy has to weigh the options of getting paid for a year of doing nothing versus the damage that could be done to his overall career arc.  It's a high risk position for a good candidate.  Not to mention we're not overflowing with $$.  Tavaris Robinson was already making $290K with the gators.  Of course who knows if he has a job next year, though rumors are swirling that the gators will keep him or he will land with Muschamp.  It wasn't a bad try to make an offer to secure him a position for next year, but all the gators or Mushamp had to do was tell him to sit tight and he'll wait it out.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

^^^^^^^  :D

I'm not changing it.  Get used to it, my fellow Bulls. 

Benny the bull is awesome.  Hopefully he'll help posters get better with pre-school level English.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  360

^^^^^^^ :D

I'm not changing it. Get used to it, my fellow Bulls.

He just looks so happy and care free....the exact opposite of the program right now lol