• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football Staff Changes Coming Per Tweet

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

They also totally took us out of more than a few games.

True.  When your offense goes 3 and out every possession, it's tough for a defense to keep making the game manageable. 

tell that to UCFs #1 defense. Their offense is 5 spots higher than ours.

our defense allowed western carolina to score 31 on us. they had 378 yards passing and almost 500 total yards of offense.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  807
  • Days Won:  1

As long as Willie is here it probably won't matter much. He doesn't seem like a leader at all to me. None of our players got better between last year and this year and that is worrisome.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

True.  When your offense goes 3 and out every possession, it's tough for a defense to keep making the game manageable. 

UCF was on their knees (familiar ground for them) BEGGING us to win that game the other day.  Yeah, we gave up a bunch of 3rd down conversions, but we still held them to 16 points.  We missed way more opportunities on offense. 

You could have come up with a better example of defensive failure than UCF.  That was the last one you should have brought up.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

The only thing that would surprise me is if Breezy isn't coming back. 

the defense was pitiful this year. I miss the days of Wally where they played aggressive, attacking style football. not sit on your heels and let them take it to us.

If we had any semblance of offense, we would have won several more games this year.  Defense is the least of our worries right now.  They kept us in a few games that we lost. 

Being the least of our worries does not mean it was not a problem.  We still cannot tackle for crap.  A flag football team tackles better than we do.  Out turnover percentage fell apart at the end of the season as well.  We need to learn to blitz... 

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  807
  • Days Won:  1

the defense was pitiful this year. I miss the days of Wally where they played aggressive, attacking style football. not sit on your heels and let them take it to us.

If we had any semblance of offense, we would have won several more games this year. Defense is the least of our worries right now. They kept us in a few games that we lost.

it's not the least of our worries. it's always easier building a defense.

they have regressed tremndously this year and believe it or not our offense was worse last year so using that as an excuse doesn't cut it.

we went from #12 total defense last year to #78. UCF has the #1 total defense in the country and the #114 offense.

I understand what you're saying but don't get caught up in rankings or anything.

UCF'S d is ranked that high because they play these offensive juggernauts:

Tulsa

Tulane

Temple

SMU

Bethune Cookman

Our crappy offense

UConn - who put 38 on them...would the #1 defense in the country give up 38 to those clowns?

That's 7 games against some pitiful offenses.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

If we had any semblance of offense, we would have won several more games this year.  Defense is the least of our worries right now.  They kept us in a few games that we lost. 

Being the least of our worries does not mean it was not a problem.  We still cannot tackle for crap.  A flag football team tackles better than we do.  Out turnover percentage fell apart at the end of the season as well.  We need to learn to blitz... 

Never said it wasn't a problem.  We're young.  We will get better.  We switch coordinators now, when arguably we don't need to, it stunts the growth of the players. 

Agree we need to be more aggressive.  Blitzes, tighter coverage on wideouts, etc.  We were too scared of giving up the big play, we died by a thousand cuts.  Gotta find the middle ground. 

UCF was on their knees (familiar ground for them) BEGGING us to win that game the other day.  Yeah, we gave up a bunch of 3rd down conversions, but we still held them to 16 points.  We missed way more opportunities on offense. 

You could have come up with a better example of defensive failure than UCF.  That was the last one you should have brought up.

and that had nothing to do with their #1 defense......

my point was their offense was just as bad as ours this year, difference is they had the #1 total defense in the country. that's why they had what would be considered a successful season.

we ranked #103 in 3rd down conversion % against.

It was painful watching our defense give up so many 3rd and longs this year. they loved to play soft coverage and rush 3.

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

If we had any semblance of offense, we would have won several more games this year. Defense is the least of our worries right now. They kept us in a few games that we lost.

it's not the least of our worries. it's always easier building a defense.

they have regressed tremndously this year and believe it or not our offense was worse last year so using that as an excuse doesn't cut it.

we went from #12 total defense last year to #78. UCF has the #1 total defense in the country and the #114 offense.

I understand what you're saying but don't get caught up in rankings or anything.

UCF'S d is ranked that high because they play these offensive juggernauts:

Tulsa

Tulane

Temple

SMU

Bethune Cookman

Our crappy offense

UConn - who put 38 on them...would the #1 defense in the country give up 38 to those clowns?

That's 7 games against some pitiful offenses.

You forgot USF.

From Sheldon's article:

It didn’t matter how close the Bulls would line up, the end zone kept repelling them as if there was a moat around it. The Bulls had first down at the Central Florida one, at the 14, at the 27 and at the 31, and every time, they managed to avoid the end zone.

Fourth-and-inches? That was too far. A fake field goal, where one tight end threw badly to another tight end, who was five yards short of the first down? That was too tricky. First-and-goal at the UCF one? That wound up being fourth-and-goal from the 22.

For the day, the Bulls had five yards rushing. Five.

Edited by slick1ru2

Never said it wasn't a problem.  We're young.  We will get better.  We switch coordinators now, when arguably we don't need to, it stunts the growth of the players. 

Agree we need to be more aggressive.  Blitzes, tighter coverage on wideouts, etc.  We were too scared of giving up the big play, we died by a thousand cuts.  Gotta find the middle ground. 

our secondary was young last year. our line this year was all upperclassmen.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,663
  • Days Won:  424

I'm hoping the "source" is wrong ... what decent assistant would want to come here with a potentially lame duck coach? Let them all have 2015 and if the results aren't satisfactory to the decision makers, clean house completely.