• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Next Year Tickets

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,574
  • Days Won:  423

My future father-in-law has had 8 season tickets since 1997 in section 113 but is letting them go next year.  He simply has to eat too many because of the soft demand for the soft product on the field.  We have friends in the section who still get their max ticket allotment so we still may go to games.  I'm not sure what can be done to keep him buying tickets.  

It just doesn't make sense to pay $40 per ticket on top of a donation when you can get a $10 ticket.

He's letting all 8 go?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

We are in Section 113 as well and have heard many others in our section not renewing next year as well

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980

I've heard that there have been plans in place to change the ticketing for next season and that has been discussed before the start of the current season.

Regardless, I'm not giving up my tickets and I am not giving up on my team.

Well said!! I will not give up on USF. Too many great memories to leave it all behind. The tailgates have been the highlight the past four seasons. If I were to give up it would have been during the Holtz New Era. Been sufffering too long to jump off the Skyway right now. USF fans thinking about not renewing their tickets need to realise that they will lose their spot in line. The OCS will be coming, and we need to make sure that we are grandfathered in for the new seating & parkinbg arragements on campus. Harlan is the new sheriff in town and it will be unwise to give up now.
I will lose my spot, really? I have seen the sea of red increase every game and there is certainly no demand for tickets. Just not feeling anything but using the extra $1500 or so I spend on tickets every year on sethimg that we enjoy

That $1500 can buy a lot of taco's....

1280px-Mons_Venus.jpg

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980

We have a group of 9 on our account. Never have a problem using all 9 tickets.

We will be renewing all 9, and as far as I know, the folks around us will all be renewing theirs as well. As far as "upgrading", we've made some pretty good friends over the years. I'm not sure we would move our seats.

9 with 1 donation ?  

I tried for years to add 2 more seats to my 8 max and was always told "....how much is your donation"  not that it should matter.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  277
  • Days Won:  0

My future father-in-law has had 8 season tickets since 1997 in section 113 but is letting them go next year.  He simply has to eat too many because of the soft demand for the soft product on the field.  We have friends in the section who still get their max ticket allotment so we still may go to games.  I'm not sure what can be done to keep him buying tickets.  

It just doesn't make sense to pay $40 per ticket on top of a donation when you can get a $10 ticket.

He's letting all 8 go?

As far as I know.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

I cant blame people for being smarter with their money. When all is said and done USF football is entertainment, and the product has been bad for years. Some people feel the money is better spent elsewhere. I had Season tickets and then saw friends coming in and sitting in my Section for under $10 a game, and decided that I was throwing money away. I still go to quite a few basketball games and buy tickets at the gate and buy plenty of USF gear that I am sure the school gets a kick back from. Hopefully sometime soon there is a demand for the product and I am forced to buy Season tickets again.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,748
  • Days Won:  3

Giving up tickets is understandable.

Football is, first and foremost, entertainment. Unless there's some sort of emotional tie (e.g. alum) to the school that drives your decision, it's easy to understand why people would stop attending. 

I don't know what can be done as an incentive for season ticket holders. Either you're going to continue or you're not. Is it our line of thinking that, by virtue of being such loyal fans, we are deserving of some sort of discount? Does that not devalue the product going forward? Hopefully, we do not go down the 'Thanks for being such a loyal ticket holder and for $X you can purchase x-number of additional tickets". I think it's obvious that the tickets - purchased today - go unused. Are you more concerned with trying to wrestle more funds from the existing base, given that expanding that base is very unlikely? 

The shine has worn off of the program. It's no longer new and interesting and exciting. USF has settled into a routine (e.g. G5 / AAC) that - unless there's that emotional tie - is going to be a tough sell. Not necessarily winning, but actually just being "in the game" would be a step in the right direction, but winning (which translates to being entertaining) is pretty much what it's going to take to stop the bleeding. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Win and people will return, lose and they will continue to leave/watch from home/purchase from stubhub. It's that simple. 

When you can't get a good ticket for under $35 a piece anymore, your average joe will look at season tickets again.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

Giving up tickets is understandable.

Football is, first and foremost, entertainment. Unless there's some sort of emotional tie (e.g. alum) to the school that drives your decision, it's easy to understand why people would stop attending. 

I don't know what can be done as an incentive for season ticket holders. Either you're going to continue or you're not. Is it our line of thinking that, by virtue of being such loyal fans, we are deserving of some sort of discount? Does that not devalue the product going forward? Hopefully, we do not go down the 'Thanks for being such a loyal ticket holder and for $X you can purchase x-number of additional tickets". I think it's obvious that the tickets - purchased today - go unused. Are you more concerned with trying to wrestle more funds from the existing base, given that expanding that base is very unlikely? 

The shine has worn off of the program. It's no longer new and interesting and exciting. USF has settled into a routine (e.g. G5 / AAC) that - unless there's that emotional tie - is going to be a tough sell. Not necessarily winning, but actually just being "in the game" would be a step in the right direction, but winning (which translates to being entertaining) is pretty much what it's going to take to stop the bleeding. 

This is it.  Everybody knows it.  Harlan knows it.  You know it.  I know it.  Winning is the only thing that will bring people back, although I believe if we just had some evidence or reason to believe that we were on an upward trajectory, that might keep some people from leaving.  

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867

We know it, and USF Athletics knows it. The product on the field has been HORRIBLE this year and BAD for a couple of years now. The games are becoming more and more unwatchable. I've left early from games more in the last two seasons than I have total since the start of the program. I now have to talk my wife into coming to games (she's not an alum), when in the past she excitedly looked forward to them.

The program is in a bad spot right now, and it's difficult for many to justify the investment when (especially in this area) there are LOTS of other types of entertainment that our hundreds or thousands of dollar could buy. They need to do something.

That said, I'll be there in my seats next year PRAYING for a better outcome. The sad part is that I now no longer expect a better outcome, and that's the problem.