• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

I feel spoiled to have attended USF when I did. Its crazy to think that with the success we had not all that long ago that there is a class about to graduate that never got to go experience a bowl game...

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,352
  • Days Won:  43

Tradition, huh?

Any and all semblance or hope of tradition went out the door with Leavitt and never looked back with the passing of LRS.

The time is now to put all ye faith in Orlando Antigua. Theres little in our way from becoming perenial attendees at the big dance and establishing ourselves as a legitimate bball school. Fills a void in the Tampa market, ceiling is high

+1

Bball is where it's at. And not just men's. The women are looking real strong. There was no USF football when I was an undegrad. I gotta say, there's no USF football now, either. We had a pretty nice run there for a while, as we were climbing. But, not any more. Shut this mess down, use the Big East buy out money to throw everything into supporting both basketball teams and build some USF pride. We'll never, ever be an FSU or UF. We won't even be a "good ol' days" USF. Shut it down. We're just flushing money down the toilet with football. Losing fans. Losing brand image. USF football is hurting the school more than it's helping at this point.

I don't even know where to begin....

How about that the idea of shutting down our football program is stupid. This is another example of how people must have instant gratification and it's just stupid. Really, you have no faith that we will put another good product on the field....ever?

Instant gratification? I started at USF in 1990. You? I'm saying football isn't the only game in town. We're on the outside looking in. Fan support is waning, our program is horrible, we're paying coaches who don't coach here, would have to pay yet another in CWT, and can't afford to hire a home run coach even if one was available. Ever/never is a long time, and clearly at some point things will come around. Life is cyclical. But, life is also different now. There's no more BCS. We're not in a P5. We won't be in a P5 for years and years, if ever. How many times has the B12 and others said they're not going to expand just to expand, that the target program has to bring value? Do we bring value? Um, no. Not with 15k fans in the stadium and 2 win seasons. Will we bring value any time soon? I'm not feeling good about it. USF Football is not making money. At some point, it has to be decided whether this is all worth it. Is there a legitimate shot at clawing our way back into the big time, or at least into a big time track? If not, do we want FCS/DII level football just to play football? Programs in the past have decided no. Univ. of Tampa killed their football program. Hofstra killed its football program. Others have, too. We made it from 1955/56 to 1997 without football. Maybe it was a fun experiment and it's time to move on. That's all I'm saying. What's the benefit of football to USF right now? In the immediate future? Short- to middle-term? What is the cost to the school to maintain this machine that's falling apart all around itself?

Basketball isn't winning national championships, either. But, it's doing better than football right now, it's cheaper, and it's easier to turn around. It's pretty fun to watch now that we're not playing like the team's been roofied, too.

There is no way to shut the program down as LRS would strike those people down from the Heavens if that were to happen. So, you are just going to have to live with USF football. UAB may be shutting down, but USF wont. 

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

Tradition, huh?

Any and all semblance or hope of tradition went out the door with Leavitt ...

Ah yes, the good ol' days of 8 wins and a 4-3 conference record.  You make a good point, we were 2-time, tied for 3rd in the Big East conference champions. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,031
  • Days Won:  38

Tradition, huh?

Ah yes, the good ol' days of 8 wins and a 4-3 conference record.  You make a good point, we were 2-time, tied for 3rd in the Big East conference champions. 

Those were actually amazing days compared to where we get handled by Memphis.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Tradition, huh?

Ah yes, the good ol' days of 8 wins and a 4-3 conference record. You make a good point, we were 2-time, tied for 3rd in the Big East conference champions.

Those were actually amazing days compared to where we get handled by Memphis.

Yes they were

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

^ They were, but that was looking like our ceiling (3rd) with good talent. Most people were ready to endure some painful seasons to get a higher ceiling. Well, until they actually had to live with the pain.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  301
  • Days Won:  0

^ They were, but that was looking like our ceiling (3rd) with good talent. Most people were ready to endure some painful seasons to get a higher ceiling. Well, until they actually had to live with the pain.

Yes, I was one that felt we had peaked with CJL regime and was not averse to a change. We had to have faith and trust that the administration would make the right hire to take us to the next level. Very similar to those Bucs fans that were frustrated with Dungy. Unfortunately, we didn't find our Gruden and instead are mired a poop fest.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Yes, I was one that felt we had peaked with CJL regime and was not averse to a change. We had to have faith and trust that the administration would make the right hire to take us to the next level. Very similar to those Bucs fans that were frustrated with Dungy. Unfortunately, we didn't find our Gruden and instead are mired a poop fest.
Heiden won with Dumgy's team and what have they won since

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

Heiden won with Dumgy's team and what have they won since

Snarling Bull just sent you a PM check your messages