• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

Four Years and coming upon graduation it's sad to see that I will not see a winning season in football throughout the duration of my collegiate career. 

That's rough man I'm sorry. I was very fortunate to be there 2006-2010. I was always a big football fan and root for USF no matter what as soon as I stepped foot on campus, but I'd be lying if I said I'm as big a USF football fan as I am now without the experiences I had during those years. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  301

Tradition, huh?

Any and all semblance or hope of tradition went out the door with Leavitt and never looked back with the passing of LRS.

The time is now to put all ye faith in Orlando Antigua. Theres little in our way from becoming perenial attendees at the big dance and establishing ourselves as a legitimate bball school. Fills a void in the Tampa market, ceiling is high

+1

Bball is where it's at. And not just men's. The women are looking real strong. There was no USF football when I was an undegrad. I gotta say, there's no USF football now, either. We had a pretty nice run there for a while, as we were climbing. But, not any more. Shut this mess down, use the Big East buy out money to throw everything into supporting both basketball teams and build some USF pride. We'll never, ever be an FSU or UF. We won't even be a "good ol' days" USF. Shut it down. We're just flushing money down the toilet with football. Losing fans. Losing brand image. USF football is hurting the school more than it's helping at this point.

I don't even know where to begin....

How about that the idea of shutting down our football program is stupid. This is another example of how people must have instant gratification and it's just stupid. Really, you have no faith that we will put another good product on the field....ever?

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  271
  • Days Won:  1

Tradition, huh?

Any and all semblance or hope of tradition went out the door with Leavitt and never looked back with the passing of LRS.

The time is now to put all ye faith in Orlando Antigua. Theres little in our way from becoming perenial attendees at the big dance and establishing ourselves as a legitimate bball school. Fills a void in the Tampa market, ceiling is high

+1

Bball is where it's at. And not just men's. The women are looking real strong. There was no USF football when I was an undegrad. I gotta say, there's no USF football now, either. We had a pretty nice run there for a while, as we were climbing. But, not any more. Shut this mess down, use the Big East buy out money to throw everything into supporting both basketball teams and build some USF pride. We'll never, ever be an FSU or UF. We won't even be a "good ol' days" USF. Shut it down. We're just flushing money down the toilet with football. Losing fans. Losing brand image. USF football is hurting the school more than it's helping at this point.

How about that the idea of shutting down our football program is stupid. This is another example of how people must have instant gratification and it's just stupid. Really, you have no faith that we will put another good product on the field....ever?

Nope

• Content Count:  1,516

Tradition, huh?

+1

A product that can be competitive in the AAC? Sure. A product that can beat just about any team on any given day. Nope.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

Tradition, huh?

+1

Instant gratification? I started at USF in 1990. You? I'm saying football isn't the only game in town. We're on the outside looking in. Fan support is waning, our program is horrible, we're paying coaches who don't coach here, would have to pay yet another in CWT, and can't afford to hire a home run coach even if one was available. Ever/never is a long time, and clearly at some point things will come around. Life is cyclical. But, life is also different now. There's no more BCS. We're not in a P5. We won't be in a P5 for years and years, if ever. How many times has the B12 and others said they're not going to expand just to expand, that the target program has to bring value? Do we bring value? Um, no. Not with 15k fans in the stadium and 2 win seasons. Will we bring value any time soon? I'm not feeling good about it. USF Football is not making money. At some point, it has to be decided whether this is all worth it. Is there a legitimate shot at clawing our way back into the big time, or at least into a big time track? If not, do we want FCS/DII level football just to play football? Programs in the past have decided no. Univ. of Tampa killed their football program. Hofstra killed its football program. Others have, too. We made it from 1955/56 to 1997 without football. Maybe it was a fun experiment and it's time to move on. That's all I'm saying. What's the benefit of football to USF right now? In the immediate future? Short- to middle-term? What is the cost to the school to maintain this machine that's falling apart all around itself?

Basketball isn't winning national championships, either. But, it's doing better than football right now, it's cheaper, and it's easier to turn around. It's pretty fun to watch now that we're not playing like the team's been roofied, too.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

It's bad, but some of you act like USF was always going win. And since this isn't a mega funded program, it's expected. Miami, FSU and UF have all gone through bad stretches. It happens in sports. It's not set in stone the program will never win again, that's crazy talk.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  301

Tradition, huh?

+1

Instant gratification? I started at USF in 1990. You? I'm saying football isn't the only game in town. We're on the outside looking in. Fan support is waning, our program is horrible, we're paying coaches who don't coach here, would have to pay yet another in CWT, and can't afford to hire a home run coach even if one was available. Ever/never is a long time, and clearly at some point things will come around. Life is cyclical. But, life is also different now. There's no more BCS. We're not in a P5. We won't be in a P5 for years and years, if ever. How many times has the B12 and others said they're not going to expand just to expand, that the target program has to bring value? Do we bring value? Um, no. Not with 15k fans in the stadium and 2 win seasons. Will we bring value any time soon? I'm not feeling good about it. USF Football is not making money. At some point, it has to be decided whether this is all worth it. Is there a legitimate shot at clawing our way back into the big time, or at least into a big time track? If not, do we want FCS/DII level football just to play football? Programs in the past have decided no. Univ. of Tampa killed their football program. Hofstra killed its football program. Others have, too. We made it from 1955/56 to 1997 without football. Maybe it was a fun experiment and it's time to move on. That's all I'm saying. What's the benefit of football to USF right now? In the immediate future? Short- to middle-term? What is the cost to the school to maintain this machine that's falling apart all around itself?

Basketball isn't winning national championships, either. But, it's doing better than football right now, it's cheaper, and it's easier to turn around. It's pretty fun to watch now that we're not playing like the team's been roofied, too.

I graduated in '95 and didn't think we'd have a football team. Even with this crap team, football is still the largest revenue source of any school sport, correct? I'm not delusional to think that we can be big time in the AAC, but with the talent in this state, it is not out of the realm of reasonable expectation that USF football will be a winning program again. And that's enough for me to be a season ticket holder and come out to cheer on my Bulls with my friends and have a good time watching my favorite sport.

Hostra has like 12K students and U. Tampa has 7K. A lot harder to support a football team with that many students and alumni. If every school shut down their football programs when they sucked for a stretch, there wouldn't be many football programs left.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Yep it's crazy talk, but that's the L's talking and they're getting louder so it's going to get crazier. Just wait til after the UCF game. I have a feeling I'm going to be embarrassed by the home-crowd fans this year. Oh, I hope I'm wrong...

• Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

Another season down the drain

Just wait until next year  eyeroll-o.gif