• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Team Progress (Stat Comparison to 2013)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

We have fewer procedural penalties when snapping the ball.

However we are now the chop block champions.

We have some improvements over inferior opponents. I'd say we are treading water in a shallow pool.

I don't see any improvement in coaching. That is what will sink us. It sure looks like the players came back against SMU despite the coaching.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

One point to make that concerns me about next year. With the exception of RB, there are no meaningful underclassmen contributors on offense. We lose Davis, Welch, Mcfarland, Reiter and Williams on the OL. Not much proven experience stepping in to replace our main contributors on offense.

That many first time players concerns me. What you see on defense this year could be what you see on offense next year. Although there is not too much further we can fall ranking wise.

Even if we bring in some Jucos or the younger guys coming in at OL will still take time to adjust and gel as a unit.

Davis is the only big loss on O

I like the fact that we found our identity on O this year... Mack/Johnson combo might be the best we've ever had here. These kids are true freshmen, the sky's the limit. Recruiting should be centered around them

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

We have fewer procedural penalties when snapping the ball.

However we are now the chop block champions.

We have some improvements over inferior opponents. I'd say we are treading water in a shallow pool.

I don't see any improvement in coaching. That is what will sink us. It sure looks like the players came back against SMU despite the coaching.

tallest_dwarf-300x247.jpg

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

Butts in seats is a good stat.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

This team is so young that they should continue to improve for the next couple years. I still have faith that these kids will develop well. 

That being said, if CWT doesnt have us above at or above 500 next year, he will be hearing it from the administration. 

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  293
  • Days Won:  1

There has been a lot of talk about the team progression under CWT, and whether he should be fired.  So, I decided to take a look at the stats from this year so far, and project this across the next three games.  I feel that this estimated projection is acceptable since we have 9 games worth of performance statistics.  This is assuming the team performs as it has for the season coming into the next 3 games (I hope they perform otherwise and turn this team around).

Stats_zpsa057509a.png

This projection shows that we will end up with one more win (sure hope it is against UCF).  Overall, our offense has shown some improvement and I think this thanks to the OL.  We have given up fewer sacks, and improved rushing and passing yardage.  The defense on the other hand has underperformed from 2013's stats by allowing more total yardage and points.

I think the team is slightly improving, as sore as it is to watch.  I hoped for a turn around year, but told myself I would be satisfied with at least 4 wins at the beginning of the season.  We have a young team, and I think the offense will continue to improve.  The defense on the other hand has given way too much away, and I think this is due to the DL and less aggressive play calling.  The QB's have been given little pressure and allowed to sit back and pick away at our backfield.

I think Taggart should get another year, and be expected to take the team above .500.  The team is young, and will continue to improve.  CSH took the team to the lowest level, and I think CWT is bringing in some good talent to fix it.

Sorry man, I appreciate the effort, but when your very first stat line is wrong - we're 4-6 not 4-5, I didn't even bother to look at the rest of your numbers.

Waste of time if you're not going to do it right...

You're right, sorry.  Threw this together really quickly..

Edited by Nebolsky

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Some want to factor in lesser competition, but not add in a stronger OOC schedule than last season?

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  293
  • Days Won:  1

So I updated the stats to reflect the correct values.. Didn't make any other adjustment factors, just straight scaling.

Stats_zps5e09d54c.png

If I made another mistake, I waive the white flag..

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

FWIW

Sagarin ratings 2013 - 143, 2014 - 134

Massey ratings 2013 - 107, 2014 - 108

Schedule is softer this year SOS 66 last year and 96 this year.

Stats are one thing, but we're essentially the same amongst our peers

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

So I updated the stats to reflect the correct values.. Didn't make any other adjustment factors, just straight scaling.

Stats_zps5e09d54c.png

If I made another mistake, I waive the white flag..

Good job, thank you.

So the offense has better stats and the defense has worse.

Since the offense was (and still is) putrid, the gain in offense is not enough to offset the drop in defense and make anyone happy with performance.