• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Quinton Flowers to start vs. SMU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

^^^ laugh it up, fuzzball. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I was losing interest in the thread until the Star Wars quotes, thanks guys and well played. :popcorn:

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

113636-I-have-a-very-bad-feeling-abou-iR

post-26236-Han-Solo-never-tell-me-the-od

6330.gif

sw-hammer.gif

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

LOL, is it that time already?

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

LOL, is it that time already?

What time? Beer thirty? Oh yeah!

giphy.gif

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

Kind of worried about the little blurb in the Times today about the cold weather not bothering us at SMU.  Taggert said (I paraphrase because I don't know the exact quote) "The cold won't stop us from doing what we do."  Hmm.  That doesn't give me much confidence.  I've seen "what we do," and it rather sucks.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Kind of worried about the little blurb in the Times today about the cold weather not bothering us at SMU.  Taggert said (I paraphrase because I don't know the exact quote) "The cold won't stop us from doing what we do."  Hmm.  That doesn't give me much confidence.  I've seen "what we do," and it rather sucks.

But cold weather will not stop us from sucking.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

Graham Harrell, Colt Brennan, etc. Clearly all talent, nothing to do with scheme. I guess air raid coaches just hit the QB lottery wherever they go.

I'm just going to take a wild guess and say that none of them were ranked lower than 100 in QB rating.

Fact is if you don't have a talented passer you will not have a truly successful passing offense.

Can they throw for lots of yards? yes.

will it be an effective, efficient offense? no.

the answer isn't to put more WRs on the field and throw more with QBs rated below 100.

Fact is these players were average and clearly made by the scheme.

Our scheme holds our players back.

The answer is to run different plays that allow for the players to be productive. CWT has no offensive creativity and the game is a boring Stanford offense that doesn't work with our players.

if you think that a top 10 rating for a QB is average then I see where we are going wrong. They weren't average passers. they were well above average. honestly if all you had to do was take a QB rated 110 and put him in an air raid offense then everybody would do it. I guess we could plug Ronnie Banks or Pat Julmiste(nothing against these guys) in an air raid offense and all would have been fine with our offense.

The lowest rated QB in the history of the Air Raid offense is Connor Halliday at Washington State with a 132.2 efficiency. Mike White has a 106.2 efficiency. Steven Bench 98.1. I included all QBs coached by head coaches that run the air raid offense (Mike Leach, Art Briles, Ruffin McNeill, Dana Holgorsen, Sonny Dykes, Kevin Sumlin, and Kilff Klingsbury) Results below. Of the 13 "air raid" QBs that are no longer playing in college, 11 (85%) of them made NFL rosters (all except Cody Hodges and Nick Florence who was backup to Robert Griffin III for 3 years). 4 of the 11 QBs that made NFL teams were cut before ever taking a snap. Of the remaining 7 that actually took a snap, only 1 has a QB rating of at least 80. Robert Griffin III. Basically they were good because of the air raid system. Of the 7 QBs that have played significant snaps in the history of USF, only Grothe has an efficiency above 130 (133.2, good enough to be second to last on the list of air raid QBs). So either every QB ever recruited by any coach that runs an air raid offense has been more talented than every single QB USF has ever recruited in their history (save Grothe over Halliday) or the scheme has something to do with it.

Below are the "air raid" QBs and their efficiencies.

Bryce Petty 165.4

Johnny Manziel 164.1

Case Keenum 160.6

Robert Griffin III 158.9

Kenny Hill 154.8

Graham Harrell 154.3

Geno Smith 153.5

Cody Hodges 147.6

B.J. Symons 147.1

Shane Carden 146

Kevin Kolb 145.1

Nick Florence 144.1