• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who is available to hire as our new head coach

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

Ed Orgeron... don't think he had a fair shake at Ol' Miss and the man can recruit. If we were to hire a new coach we need a defense first guy like CJL who can hire a good OC

great choice also

If we follow the name trend, "Coach O" will be the next FB coach at USF

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,339
  • Days Won:  43

Schiano :D

Would not mind seeing that. Recruits FL well. Built the Rutgers program to get into BIG TEN. Good with the college kids. That may be the next hire for USF if CWT does not work out. 

Calvin Magee.

+1

should have hired him last 2 times.

How is his W-L as a head coach? Should USF take a chance on an assistant? Need a home run hire that wins right away. 

If Harlan can go to the Kentucky basketball program and get a great assistant, I'm not worried about Taggart's replacement. He'd probably get an assistant from Alabama or another top 5 P5 school.

AAC hoops is different than AAC football.  For now, at least hoops gives non P5 conferences a fighting chance to win national titles. College football does not allow that for AAC. So we shall see. 

butch davis is a great choice

USF will have to get over their moral snobbish attitude about hiring coaches that have had trouble in the past. I just dont see it happening. 

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Days Won:  1

Calvin Magee hasn't been a head coach but is well known as a great offensive minded coach.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calvin_Magee

Calvin Magee hasn't been a head coach but is well known as a great offensive minded coach.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calvin_Magee

Plus he knows the USF program well. He knows how the culture was about winning when Leavitt was in charge. So I would not mind seeing it happen if things didnt work out for  CWT next season. 

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

We need someone who has BCS level experience, or whatever you call BCS now.  P5 experience?  At least someone at the AAC level or higher.  No dipping into the Sun Belt or C-USA coaching pool.  There has to be a proven coach who would love to show he can turn around USF, or even a top notch assistant at a higher level program.  Kind of like what we did with the men's BB coach.  I would not even care if the coach used USF as a stepping stone for a higher paying job.  Plenty of coaches do it, so we should not shy away from those types of coaches.

What we need to put very low on the list is a coach with the "hometown connection".  I could care less of the coach grew up in the area or played high school football in the area or has relatives in the area.  This is a job, not a reunion festival.

We need someone who has BCS level experience, or whatever you call BCS now.  P5 experience?  At least someone at the AAC level or higher.  No dipping into the Sun Belt or C-USA coaching pool.  There has to be a proven coach who would love to show he can turn around USF, or even a top notch assistant at a higher level program.  Kind of like what we did with the men's BB coach.  I would not even care if the coach used USF as a stepping stone for a higher paying job.  Plenty of coaches do it, so we should not shy away from those types of coaches.

What we need to put very low on the list is a coach with the "hometown connection".  I could care less of the coach grew up in the area or played high school football in the area or has relatives in the area.  This is a job, not a reunion festival.

Agreed!!! If USF needs to hire a new coach, it better be someone that has already won at a high level. No more of the up and coming Sun Belt or C-USA coaches. We tried that and it has not worked. As long as the coach can get USF back to being respectful, I dont care if they leave for greener pastures as long as long as the program is on better footing. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Agreed no sunbelt or conf USA coaches, somebody with p5 experience.