• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who is available to hire as our new head coach

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

If Harlan can go to the Kentucky basketball program and get a great assistant, I'm not worried about Taggart's replacement. He'd probably get an assistant from Alabama or another top 5 P5 school.

I think we should go the SMU route and only interview ex BCS/P5 head coaches ...

I thought going the SMU route meant hiring Nick Saban? Isn't that what was decided?

Pay attention, **** it .... It was Mack Brown.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

If Harlan can go to the Kentucky basketball program and get a great assistant, I'm not worried about Taggart's replacement. He'd probably get an assistant from Alabama or another top 5 P5 school.

I think we should go the SMU route and only interview ex BCS/P5 head coaches ...

I thought going the SMU route meant hiring Nick Saban? Isn't that what was decided?

Pay attention, **** it .... It was Mack Brown.

Mack Brown?!? I didn't realize SMU had left us that far in the dust!

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Butch is a proven winner, With that said USF doesn't need a scandal on top of everything else going on here lately.   Not saying Butch is or was part of or the reasons for the scandals at Miami and UNC but both those programs have had major issues.   UNC is about to get hammered as we speak by the NCAA

A huge scandal on par with Miami's or UNC's would be the death sentence for USF football ever getting into a power conference.  The lack of support, lack of fans, tickets sales,  followed by lack of wins,  and a scandal would make us  VERY UNATTRACTIVE to Any other conference.

I think Tags gets a few more games before his fate is decided.  Im hoping that Harlan has his rolodex  open and feelers out. If Tags loses to SMU it could be the end of the "Do Something" campaign.  ( I say few more games because I Think we beat SMU).  

If im not mistaken Butch arrived at UM to clean up the scandals and look at UNC now, Butch hasn't been there for several years and they just had the largest cheating scandal in the nation. 

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

Butch is a proven winner, With that said USF doesn't need a scandal on top of everything else going on here lately.   Not saying Butch is or was part of or the reasons for the scandals at Miami and UNC but both those programs have had major issues.   UNC is about to get hammered as we speak by the NCAA

A huge scandal on par with Miami's or UNC's would be the death sentence for USF football ever getting into a power conference.  The lack of support, lack of fans, tickets sales,  followed by lack of wins,  and a scandal would make us  VERY UNATTRACTIVE to Any other conference.

I think Tags gets a few more games before his fate is decided.  Im hoping that Harlan has his rolodex  open and feelers out. If Tags loses to SMU it could be the end of the "Do Something" campaign.  ( I say few more games because I Think we beat SMU).  

If im not mistaken Butch arrived at UM to clean up the scandals and look at UNC now, Butch hasn't been there for several years and they just had the largest cheating scandal in the nation. 

"....

Academic misconduct

In July 2010, the NCAA began investigating violations involving improper benefits provided by agents to current players at UNC.[5] In September 2010, the NCAA opened a second prong of its investigation, this time involving possible improper tutor involvement with UNC student-athletes.[6] In response to the investigation, local and national sports columnists called for Davis' termination,[7][8] but some North Carolina fans still supported the coach.[9] A survey of UNC fans reflected strong support for Coach Davis despite the ongoing investigation.[10]"

....<various players> were ruled permanently ineligible after it was discovered they improperly accepted gifts from sports agents. Five other players were found guilty of accepting improper benefits and/or inappropriate academic assistance.[11] On July 27, 2011, Davis was fired by UNC chancellor Holden Thorp amid an NCAA investigation of academic misconduct and allegations players receiving improper benefits from agents.[12] Thorp said the move was necessary to restore confidence in UNC's integrity.[13] On September 19, 2011, in response to an NCAA notice of allegations, Davis was never mentioned in the NCAA inquiry and had no involvement in the investigation."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butch_Davis

Edited by Bulls2k

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749

"....

Academic misconduct

In July 2010, the NCAA began investigating violations involving improper benefits provided by agents to current players at UNC.[5] In September 2010, the NCAA opened a second prong of its investigation, this time involving possible improper tutor involvement with UNC student-athletes.[6] In response to the investigation, local and national sports columnists called for Davis' termination,[7][8] but some North Carolina fans still supported the coach.[9] A survey of UNC fans reflected strong support for Coach Davis despite the ongoing investigation.[10]"

....<various players> were ruled permanently ineligible after it was discovered they improperly accepted gifts from sports agents. Five other players were found guilty of accepting improper benefits and/or inappropriate academic assistance.[11] On July 27, 2011, Davis was fired by UNC chancellor Holden Thorp amid an NCAA investigation of academic misconduct and allegations players receiving improper benefits from agents.[12] Thorp said the move was necessary to restore confidence in UNC's integrity.[13] On September 19, 2011, in response to an NCAA notice of allegations, Davis was never mentioned in the NCAA inquiry and had no involvement in the investigation."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butch_Davis

I'm fully aware of the reasoning behind his termination at UNC. My point was, they cheated while he was there and are still cheating after he left. Clearly Butch wasn't involved so you can't hold it against him.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

On September 19, 2011, in response to an NCAA notice of allegations, Davis was never mentioned in the NCAA inquiry and had no involvement in the investigation."

Maybe he should have been involved ... According to the report, one former head football coach, John Bunting, admitted to knowing of the paper classes and his successor, Butch Davis, also admitted some knowledge.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/22/us/unc-report-academic-fraud/

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259

For those that care, Calvin was bummed he got passed over twice for the job. He would welcome the opportunity to be the Head Coach at USF. Even though Calvin coached with Leavitt, he's his own man. There's a reason Rich Rod has wanted Calvin everywhere he's coached at. If Rich Rod had a defense worth a salt at Michigan, they would be doing special things there in my opinion. 

I'm now willing to give Magee a shot, even though I was against him from the beginning, (1) because he defected to a BE rival and (2) because he also cried racism when he wasn't interviewed for the WVU HC position, after he did the dog and pony show at Ann Arbor with Rich Rod and his family. Maybe he is the right guy for us now.  He has certainly been a part of winning organizations everywhere except Meatchicken, where the culture was working against Rich Rod's tenure from the very beginning.  You've been calling for Calvin from the departure of Leavitt and even before Leavitt was unceremoniously let go, so I give in, bring on Magee....................

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Who will be available in two years if CWT doesn't turn this around?