• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Should Taggart be fired this year?

Is it time for Tag to go  

149 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

The Holtz era was the glory years compared to this. Tag has taken a bad program and made it worse.

The Holtz era was kind of like this.

Yep, especially when BJ went down.

Granted, he didn't have a backup. But he went out and got a gunslinger at LaTech. Live and learn.

http://www.ktbs.com/story/27184846/louisiana-tech-routs-wku-59-10

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  565
  • Days Won:  0

I tweeted about this earlier, because I knew this was going to happen by some on this board;

Who the hell would want this job? Even before you coach a single game, you get compared to a former coach that some fans deify because he had a couple of decent seasons and beat an FSU team that was having a down year. 

We will never get better if we become known as a revolving door for coaches. Every coach deserves 3 years.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

Cwt is in over his head and gets out coached almost every week. He's done nothing to make me think a 3rd year is warranted.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,262
  • Days Won:  1

I think Taggart does come back next season unless the team quits on him in the last 3 games or something happens behind closed doors between Harlan and Taggart and they don't get along at all. One thing we don't know is the relationship between Taggart and Harlan since Taggart isnt a Harlan hire

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I tweeted about this earlier, because I knew this was going to happen by some on this board;

Who the hell would want this job? Even before you coach a single game, you get compared to a former coach that some fans deify because he had a couple of decent seasons and beat an FSU team that was having a down year.

We will never get better if we become known as a revolving door for coaches. Every coach deserves 3 years.

It is silly to think a top flight coach wouldn't want to come to USF. You really can't go wrong because you can only go up.

A quick change in coaches after only a couple of years is easily explained away as a change in AD and an acknowledgement that the entire athletic department is going a new direction.

I keep coming back to the need to explore other coaching options comes down to both what is going on both on and off the field.

We see what is happening on the field...nothing. we see a rapidly declining fan base. The thing I guess only known internally is what is going on in funrausing efforts, sponsorship and advertising revenue.

If I am Harlan and every big donor is saying they don't want to be associated with this garbage and no money is coming in then something has to happen. If they are good with the progress and the money continues to flow then Taggart will be around.

College football is a big business. Follow the money flow and you have your answer. Simple formula.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I think Taggart does come back next season unless the team quits on him in the last 3 games or something happens behind closed doors between Harlan and Taggart and they don't get along at all. One thing we don't know is the relationship between Taggart and Harlan since Taggart isnt a Harlan hire

Team already quit on him. That was pretty clear yesterday

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

dont fire him this year

what are poll results so far?

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,720
  • Days Won:  3

Based on what the team has done under Taggart, my answer is yes he should be fired.

Based on the reality of the situation I really think USF's best option is to let him stay for the remainder of his contract. How can USF afford to keep paying off former coaches? Does anyone think a new coach can come here and magically turn this program around in a season or two?

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

An easy chart is to look at Taggart's salary compared to profit margain for football. If he is operating below the line and is on the decline there is no matter of recruiting that will change that, therefore he should be let go based on the current trajectory.

Can Taggart make some miraculous comeback next year? Its doubtful because of the time it takes for a QB to learn the system and be successful. At this point based on Taggart's actions it takes multiple years for a QB to learn the offense and that is just the QB not the o-line. Unless there is a JUCO QB transfer that will learn and execute the offense next year is predictably dismal.

USF's goal should be to make every effort to get into a Big 5 conference. The Big 12 being the most attainable. No conference wants to add softer teams to their conference just to get a championship game.

There is no reason a school with the size and location of USF in the state of FL should struggle this bad for four years in the most critical time in collegiate sports.

With that said no Bowl no next year.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Team already quit on him. That was pretty clear yesterday

Amen