• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Basketball Is Coming!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Incentive enough....

BzW3wQHCQAAVIpI.jpg

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

Incentive enough....

BzW3wQHCQAAVIpI.jpg

thats awesome 

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

I think with AC back at the helm, Corey will be putting up some numbers. Plus, he wants to play at the next level, so he'll be working hard this year.

I'm guessing our rebounding will be okay with Jaleel. But if he gets into foul trouble, we are going to be hurting for a rebounder.

Chris is going to be another scorer, especially inside.

Outside shooting? hmmm

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

My x-factor this season is Dre Clayton. If he can provide some rebounding and sound defense, I think we may be in the thick of more than a few AAC games. With only three players with D-1 playing experience, it's so difficult predicting how we'll fare in conference play. 

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,254
  • Days Won:  1

Out of the men I just want to see something that resbles and offense and not just dribble for 30 seconds then jack something up. The record isn't important this year but seeing an offense that attacks the rim, knocks down free throws, and knocks down the 3 around 35% of the time would be huge this year.

As far as the ladies go if like to see them get into the tourney and make it to the sweet 16 or further. I don't expect us to win either the conference or national championship but if either or both happen if celebrate that.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,683
  • Days Won:  108

Out of the men I just want to see something that resbles and offense and not just dribble for 30 seconds then jack something up. The record isn't important this year but seeing an offense that attacks the rim, knocks down free throws, and knocks down the 3 around 35% of the time would be huge this year.

As far as the ladies go if like to see them get into the tourney and make it to the sweet 16 or further. I don't expect us to win either the conference or national championship but if either or both happen if celebrate that.

The women should be pretty good.  Only lost 2 seniors from last year's squad.  Although both are probably playing professionally overseas. Inga didn't shoot real well for stretches last year but when she did warm up she was fun to watch.  She also made some of the sweetest passes I've ever seen.  We will miss Akila's size inside but she was in foul trouble so often that Katie got a lot of time as a Fr which will help her this year.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

We are going be missing pieces this year for sure. And when the starters get better and gel, the lack of depth is going to really hurt us. Throw in some fouls and we are going to be hurting.

But what I'm really optimistic about is the coaching quality. What I mean is this is not going to be another dictatorship where the head coach puts on the blinders. These coaches are going to make sure we get the best possible out of our players.

I'm really optimistic about the season!

I think with AC back at the helm, Corey will be putting up some numbers. Plus, he wants to play at the next level, so he'll be working hard this year.

I'm guessing our rebounding will be okay with Jaleel. But if he gets into foul trouble, we are going to be hurting for a rebounder.

Chris is going to be another scorer, especially inside.

Outside shooting? hmmm

Well, we do have 6'11 Ruben Guerrero. He's put on about 30 pounds of muscle already.

1394461587003-A4-20131222-SPORTS01-31222

At Sunrise he shared a position spot with Dusan Ristic who was just cleared to play for Arizona.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24778022/arizona-freshman-center-dusan-ristic-cleared-by-ncaa

1888607_460933787368538_10950866_n.jpg

Bourses Sport-Etudes aux USA : Basketball, Natation, Tennis

HIGH MAJOR NCAA DI PLAYERS & NBA PROSPECTS !

Dusan RISTIC 6'11 / 2m11

Ruben GUERRERO 6'11 / 2m11

French combo-guard JC JEROME

So, despite splitting time with Ristic, he still managed to do well.

PRIOR TO USF: A three-star recruit by Scout.com … Member of 18U Spanish national team … Ranked No. 33 on DraftExpress.com’s International ’95 list … Averaged 9.3 points and 8.5 rebounds in 2013-14 at Sunrise Christian Academy in Wichita, Kan. … Helped the Buffaloes finish with a national ranking of 14 by USA Today and a 19-7 record while playing a national schedule.

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=209501178&DB_OEM_ID=7700

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

We are going be missing pieces this year for sure. And when the starters get better and gel, the lack of depth is going to really hurt us. Throw in some fouls and we are going to be hurting.

But what I'm really optimistic about is the coaching quality. What I mean is this is not going to be another dictatorship where the head coach puts on the blinders. These coaches are going to make sure we get the best possible out of our players.

Don't forget, CoachO spent some time on the Globetrotters, so he knows how to mix having fun with hard work.

I hope he can translate this to the students, and from the interviews I've seen, they're working harder than ever before, and still smiling, so...

Don't forget, CoachO spent some time on the Globetrotters, so he knows how to mix having fun with hard work.

I hope he can translate this to the students, and from the interviews I've seen, they're working harder than ever before, and still smiling, so...

He does have a good sense of humor.

B1IHA4CIEAAfj44.jpg

Orlando Antigua on his nickname "Hurricane"--"I have to tell you I've been downgraded to a tropical depression." pic.twitter.com/67djBZsR6t

Jack Williams â€@d1coachcorner  2 hours ago

The Spot Light: Coach Orlando Antigua’s First Year as Division 1 Head Coach

..."South Florida fans will have to be patient but I’m sure that Coach Antigua has what it takes to transform South Florida into a contender in the American Atlantic conference."