• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Basketball Is Coming!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,520
  • Days Won:  422

Now for the bad news.  There was a 3 point shooting contest, 4 men who competed against each other and 4 women against each other.  The women did pretty well.  The men?  Meh, as some of you say.  Our new 3 point stud, Holston, made 4 out of 25.  Didn't reach the 2nd round.  AC and Cory Allen Jr won their rounds and moved on to the final with Allen winning but AC made more shots. Not sure how the kid on the court was counting.  But the numbers weren't staggering, like 6 or so but the kid came up with 11. Maybe he was counting a non-existent money ball.

Was Mercurius the 4th?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

Now for the bad news.  There was a 3 point shooting contest, 4 men who competed against each other and 4 women against each other.  The women did pretty well.  The men?  Meh, as some of you say.  Our new 3 point stud, Holston, made 4 out of 25.  Didn't reach the 2nd round.  AC and Cory Allen Jr won their rounds and moved on to the final with Allen winning but AC made more shots. Not sure how the kid on the court was counting.  But the numbers weren't staggering, like 6 or so but the kid came up with 11. Maybe he was counting a non-existent money ball.

Was Mercurius the 4th?

To be honest I don't remember.  Spoke with COA briefly but talked to his brother and Strickland a little bit longer.  When I asked how things were going it went something like it is a work in process, they're working hard, etc.  What I heard is we're screwed this season.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

It's difficult, if not impossible, to watch both players simultaneously on opposite ends of the court. So, I kept my eyes on CA and he made a bunch of buckets in a row near the end. I think the announced score was 11 - 8 or 9. I didn't keep count, but it seemed about right from my observation.  

It's difficult, if not impossible, to watch both players simultaneously on opposite ends of the court. So, I kept my eyes on CA and he made a bunch of buckets in a row near the end. I think the announced score was 11 - 8 or 9. I didn't keep count, but it seemed about right from my observation.  

My wife counted one end and I counted the other.  Mike, the guy that MCs at the games had the same count as I did at the one end.  But the guy at the other end had about 5 more than my wife's count.  Since she was an auditor I go with her total. 

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

I think Holston is projected to be more scorer then pure shooter. He is capable of hitting threes but Step Curry he is not. Troy will be a good player in time for USF but expecting him to be the main 3pt threat might be asking to much. With COA system do not be surprise to see a good 3pt shooting percentage from Allen and even maybe Collins who will get open looks with Perry inside.

The guy I'm looking forward to seeing the most is Dre Clayton who was a beast in HS before he got hurt and ballooned up to almost 300lbs. Morillo is another guy that I can't wait to see as well. He could be a surprise this season.

I think Holston is projected to be more scorer then pure shooter. He is capable of hitting threes but Step Curry he is not. Troy will be a good player in time for USF but expecting him to be the main 3pt threat might be asking to much. With COA system do not be surprise to see a good 3pt shooting percentage from Allen and even maybe Collins who will get open looks with Perry inside.

The guy I'm looking forward to seeing the most is Dre Clayton who was a beast in HS before he got hurt and ballooned up to almost 300lbs. Morillo is another guy that I can't wait to see as well. He could be a surprise this season.

I was under the impression that Holston was a shooter.  But I don't follow their high school careers so only go by what I hear/read, mostly on here and local papers.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

I was under the impression that Holston was a shooter.  But I don't follow their high school careers so only go by what I hear/read, mostly on here and local papers.

He can shoot, but I think people are expecting to see Curry or JJ Redick type of shooting which is not what Holston has shown.  He's a guy that can get hot and knock down a handful of threes and he can also miss a bunch if he's not on.

Edited by Vega

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,520
  • Days Won:  422

"Shooter" is definitely the way he was described on the board but I guess there must be 3 pt shooters, shooters and scorers ... Wondering what the difference between a shooter and scorer is, then. 

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Making the shots, duh. ;)

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

"Shooter" is definitely the way he was described on the board but I guess there must be 3 pt shooters, shooters and scorers ... Wondering what the difference between a shooter and scorer is, then. 

IDK, but I'll hazard a guess that someone who can consistently drive to the bucket and dunk or layup is a scorer (Jones) and someone who can consistently drop their jump shots is a shooter (Fitz). Someone who can do both is an all-star.