• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fire willie taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

Agreed. CWT isn't going to suddenly grow experience and wisdom and we aren't going improve drastically next year. I liked him a lot at the start and I think he has potential but he has a lot of learning to do. I'll hope he lands somewhere he can continue to grow after next year. Naturally, I would love for the current staff to prove me wrong...

Isn't there a coaches summer camp we could send him to ?

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

I remember when Holtz was fired, given how bad the team was after Daniels, people said it will take 3-4 years to turn the program around and major patience was going to be needed. Now after 2, they've forgotten that, don't want to wait any longer.

False.

If we were seeing progress, no one would have an issue. Once again, the problem is that we got 5 net rushing yards after 24 games in this system, which is supposed to be a running style of offense. We are not getting better. THAT is the problem. Coupled with the egregious QB games, inability to get plays called, etc. 

idiot 2-10 to 4-8 is improvement. I expect for USF to go bowling next year. Yup I have said it folks we are going BOWLING under Willie Taggert in 2015.

• Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

Winning is extremely embarrassing. You people blow my mind. Do you remember how bad we were under the back end of Holtz. Do you remember Bobby E. And Matt Floyd? Do you remember how or team found ways to lose and looked completely lost on the field. Now we look inconsistent, sometimes we look like a garbage fire abs others we look like giant slayers. We have the potential to put it all together and that's on the coach. I think he can continue to turn it around.

Giant Slayers? When in the world has this team in the last 2 years looked like a "giant slayer"? 

Anyone who support the fireage of CWT is an Idiot... first off we don't have the money and also we need time to clean up from the fallout of CSH which is still being done.

And how long should that take? If the man can't get it turned around in 3 years in the AAC almost everyone should be supporting the "fireage" of Taggart.

I do not think he should be fired. I think he should, just like he is, get 1 more year and then if the issues aren't fixed by the end of his 3rd year he's gone. 

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

i will support the firing of CWT if we get less than 5 wins next year but all the losses must not be blow outs except for the FSU game. If that happens we create the hastag #BringBackJim or #BringBackLeavitt  

I remember when Holtz was fired, given how bad the team was after Daniels, people said it will take 3-4 years to turn the program around and major patience was going to be needed. Now after 2, they've forgotten that, don't want to wait any longer.

False.

If we were seeing progress, no one would have an issue. Once again, the problem is that we got 5 net rushing yards after 24 games in this system, which is supposed to be a running style of offense. We are not getting better. THAT is the problem. Coupled with the egregious QB games, inability to get plays called, etc. 

idiot 2-10 to 4-8 is improvement. I expect for USF to go bowling next year. Yup I have said it folks we are going BOWLING under Willie Taggert in 2015.

What's your issue? 2-10 to 4-8 is improvement in the win column, but unfortunately since we lost respectable-to-good teams on the schedule from last year to this year in the AAC that correlation that you're attempting to make is not as direct as you think.

Had we played Louisville and Rutgers again instead of SMU and Tulsa THIS TEAM WOULD BE 2-10 again and I don't think there is any denying that at all. Or actually, please try and explain how that wouldn't be the case. I'd love to hear that.

We beat UCONN last year. Guess what? We Beat 4 UCONNs or worse this year. Yea he improved the win column which is nice on the surface but look at the whole picture. We were statistically worse as a team all the way around (http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/feiplus). He walked into a really bad situation that's well know, but I don't think anyone can really look at the product that was on the field this year and think that Taggart has us on track to be exactly where we need to be in the next few years. Unless you're the most optimistic person in America, I guess...

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

False.

Not an idiot. This years conference is weaker than last years with the loss of 2 BE teams. We play UL/Rutgers instead and we have 2 wins again. We played UCF, Memphis, Cincy and Houston better last year. UConn game was the same. We haven't improved.

Edit: Dang, Usfbulls24 beat me to it.

Edited by CPR

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

And stop calling people here idiots.

I'm the only idiot here, and I resent you lumping all those other folks with me.

Got it?

• Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

The question should be....if you knew what you know today would you still hire Willie as the HC ?

I think the answer would be an overwhelming NO.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Should have been Leach 5 years ago...sigh