• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

SMU Not Going The Route USF Did For Coach

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Trying to not start any flame wars, but slick, my man ... This thread is not looking too good for you. We should probably lock it ASAP.

I don't know.  I'm not too impressed with Trip trying to pass off a co-DC from Kansas State as hiring someone who was at a higher level.

Worked out well though, right? Ends justify the means?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,533
  • Days Won:  422

Trying to not start any flame wars, but slick, my man ... This thread is not looking too good for you. We should probably lock it ASAP.

I don't know.  I'm not too impressed with Trip trying to pass off a co-DC from Kansas State as hiring someone who was at a higher level.

I'm not too impressed that you don't think a 1-A BCS conference is a higher level than a 1-AA Independent ... In case you hadn't noticed, my comment was before slick clarified he was talking head coaches only.

You guys 'aka The Cast of Usual Suspects' need to take a hard look in the mirror. You're not being honest about your motives or previous posts. But the same handful showing up each post is damning in itself.

I believe our purpose was to show how woefully ignorant it was to belabor a point and criticize USF for not hiring ex-BCS football head coaches. A point you haven't really defended well.

I read a report that Mack isn't the only big name SMU has contacted. You have an unsubstantiated report that Nutt was interviewed.

LOL .... I don't think I have even have to go into detail to explain the absurdity of that ... and I had forgotten that Butch Davis's name was also tossed around in the USF search ... so thing is, USF did look at ex BCS head coaches but went in a different direction like most college head coaching hires do. Most college football head coaching hires come from a lower level head coach moving up, or assistants at the the same level or a higher one being given the job ... so it's ridiculous to try and criticize USF for the way they've handled their head coaching hires .... all 3 of them.  :rolleyes:

Who was criticizing? I just noted that SMU appears to not be looking to assistants and lower level  coaches. The rest was what you read into my post.

Right, you weren't criticizing anything ...

SMU is going after BIG names in coaching. Sorry, but Willie Taggart hasn't won any NC. Or even been ranked top 25.

And again, bottom line, you don't KNOW if SMU is going after BIG names or not. So far the only BIG name that can be remotely substantiated by what you've provided is Mack Brown ...

You guys 'aka The Cast of Usual Suspects' need to take a hard look in the mirror. You're not being honest about your motives or previous posts. But the same handful showing up each post is damning in itself.

I believe our purpose was to show how woefully ignorant it was to belabor a point and criticize USF for not hiring ex-BCS football head coaches. A point you haven't really defended well.

I read a report that Mack isn't the only big name SMU has contacted. You have an unsubstantiated report that Nutt was interviewed.

LOL .... I don't think I have even have to go into detail to explain the absurdity of that ... and I had forgotten that Butch Davis's name was also tossed around in the USF search ... so thing is, USF did look at ex BCS head coaches but went in a different direction like most college head coaching hires do. Most college football head coaching hires come from a lower level head coach moving up, or assistants at the the same level or a higher one being given the job ... so it's ridiculous to try and criticize USF for the way they've handled their head coaching hires .... all 3 of them. :rolleyes:

Who was criticizing? I just noted that SMU appears to not be looking to assistants and lower level coaches. The rest was what you read into my post.

So you're impressed that they're contacting unemployed coaches?

I said a different route. I'm impressed with over 200 wins, over 60% win percentage and a NC. Who wouldn't be?

So at the time of our most recent coach search you were calling for USF to go after Bobby Bowden, then? .... His numbers should impress you a helluvalot more than Brown's.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,423
  • Days Won:  19

Taggart is a huge gamble... 

Is it really a gamble if you have nothing to lose?

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

This time in college sports, the split between the haves and have nots, USF has plenty to lose.

And now Houston Nutt is being reported under consideration for the SMU job.

• Upvote 1

And now Houston Nutt is being reported under consideration for the SMU job.

Houston Nutt, Butch Davis ... Apparently they ARE going the same route as USF.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

You know **** well that's not the best version of that ...