• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

SMU Not Going The Route USF Did For Coach

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

SMU should interview Sunbelt coaches simply on the basis that the Sunbelt Conference's web and media presence destroys all other conferences. :ph34r: What's that sarcasm font again?

Here it is...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,533
  • Days Won:  422

Rodger ....... really??

How about a young (REAL young) Waylon?

You sure it's not Waylen ...

SMU should interview Sunbelt coaches simply on the basis that the Sunbelt Conference's web and media presence destroys all other conferences. :ph34r: What's that sarcasm font again?

Some things shouldn't need a sarcasm font ...

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

The non main boards can be quite entertaining.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

And now Houston Nutt is being reported under consideration for the SMU job.

Houston Nutt, Butch Davis ... Apparently they ARE going the same route as USF.

I haven't read they are interviewing Sun Belt coaches. Or CUSA. All candidates I've read are P5/BCS. How do you not get that?

And how do you not get that, to put it bluntly, you don't know **** about who they are or aren't interviewing. All you have are names being thrown out there .... and a couple of the those are the same names that were thrown out here during the USF process .... and there are names being thrown out there that aren't ex P5 coaches ,,,,so from all appearances at this point in time, it's the same ROUTE USF took. Now if SMU ultimately ends up hiring a BCS retread, then by all means you can tout the different route because of the different final destination ... 

You gonna bet they hire a head coach who's last job was CUSA or Sun Belt, like USF has done in the past decade? That's the entire point of my post, they don't appear to be looking at anyone other than P5/BCS coaches. USF for its last two searches seemed look at the lower conferences almost exclusively. I guess that's above your comprehension.

Edited by slick1ru2

I haven't read they are interviewing Sun Belt coaches. Or CUSA. All candidates I've read are P5/BCS. How do you not get that?

And how do you not get that, to put it bluntly, you don't know **** about who they are or aren't interviewing. All you have are names being thrown out there .... and a couple of the those are the same names that were thrown out here during the USF process .... and there are names being thrown out there that aren't ex P5 coaches ,,,,so from all appearances at this point in time, it's the same ROUTE USF took. Now if SMU ultimately ends up hiring a BCS retread, then by all means you can tout the different route because of the different final destination ... 

You gonna bet they hire a head coach who's last job was CUSA or Sun Belt, like USF has done in the past decade? That's the entire point of my post, they don't appear to be looking at anyone other than P5/BCS coaches. USF for its last two searches seemed look at the lower conferences almost exclusively. I guess that's above your comprehension.

Corrected that for you. Unless you've got something else, the only coach contacted by SMU, per a semi reliable source, is Mack Brown .... but I guess that does makes you technically correct for the time being since the ONLY coach reportedly contacted is an P5/BCS head coach. 

Corrected that for you. Unless you've got something else, the only coach contacted by SMU, per a semi reliable source, is Mack Brown .... but I guess that does makes you technically correct for the time being since the ONLY coach reportedly contacted is an P5/BCS head coach.

And did USF ever say it interviewed Nutt or any BCS coach before Holtz or Taggart were hired, or was it just a semi-reliable source? Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

usf cant afford p5 coaches i am told

that pink is one hot broad

And did USF ever say it interviewed Nutt or any BCS coach before Holtz or Taggart were hired, or was it just a semi-reliable source?

Hey, I gave in .... because SMU probably reached out to a Texas football "legend" to see if he had any interest to get back in the game, it obviously means they're only going to interview ex P5/BCS head coaches to fill the position.

And did USF ever say it interviewed Nutt or any BCS coach before Holtz or Taggart were hired, or was it just a semi-reliable source?

Hey, I gave in .... because SMU probably reached out to a Texas football "legend" to see if he had any interest to get back in the game, it obviously means they're only going to interview ex P5/BCS head coaches to fill the position.

You do know who they hired for their basketball program 2 years ago right? All I am saying is that every name I've seen is P5. Not all are head coaches, but none are from a lower, or even same conference.