• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

SMU Not Going The Route USF Did For Coach

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

So BBB,

You are saying that they are looking at everybody?

Yes .... No .... Maybe

Hey, I gave in .... because SMU probably reached out to a Texas football "legend" to see if he had any interest to get back in the game, it obviously means they're only going to interview ex P5/BCS head coaches to fill the position.

You do know who they hired for their basketball program 2 years ago right?
Irrelevant 

All I am saying is that every name I've seen is P5. Not all are head coaches, but none are from a lower, or even same conference.

Whoa. Don't start back pedaling now. You were not talking about anything but ex BCS/P5 head coaches when you started this thread. Need I remind you: 

USF has NEVER hired a former BCS head coach as a head coach.

I can do whatever I want. Backpeddle, frontpeddle, do loopdie loops. Point is, SMU isn't looking at CUSA or Sun Belt like USF. Plain, simple, truth.

No it's not a "plain, simple truth". The point is YOU don't have a freaking clue who all they are, or will be, looking at. Names floated out there in Gossip Land include the ULLaf head coach, an out of work ex P5 assistant, current P5 assistants and ex P5 head coaches. THAT is the plan, simple truth.

Links?

:roflmao:

I got your link right here .....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Hey, I gave in .... because SMU probably reached out to a Texas football "legend" to see if he had any interest to get back in the game, it obviously means they're only going to interview ex P5/BCS head coaches to fill the position.

Irrelevant 

All I am saying is that every name I've seen is P5. Not all are head coaches, but none are from a lower, or even same conference.

Whoa. Don't start back pedaling now. You were not talking about anything but ex BCS/P5 head coaches when you started this thread. Need I remind you: 

I can do whatever I want. Backpeddle, frontpeddle, do loopdie loops. Point is, SMU isn't looking at CUSA or Sun Belt like USF. Plain, simple, truth.

No it's not a "plain, simple truth". The point is YOU don't have a freaking clue who all they are, or will be, looking at. Names floated out there in Gossip Land include the ULLaf head coach, an out of work ex P5 assistant, current P5 assistants and ex P5 head coaches. THAT is the plan, simple truth.

You act like you have a freaking clue who they aren't. Point is, one week after Jones quit they didn't pop up with a CUSA or Sun Belt coach.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Irrelevant 

You act like you have a freaking clue who they aren't. Point is, one week after Jones quit they didn't pop up with a CUSA or Sun Belt coach.

Name the last time a a coach moved from one school to another in the middle of a season.

Just dawned on me who you remind me of ......

tumblr_lsax2rL1P91qmr448o1_r1_500.jpg

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Oh no, not another one of those ...

:facepalm:

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Z

Just dawned on me who you remind me of ......

tumblr_lsax2rL1P91qmr448o1_r1_500.jpg

Sure, if SMU goes to a non-P5 team for a coach. Seriously doubt that is happening. If they go with a P5 coach, and I don't care if it's an OC, you'll remind me of a donkey even more. I posted this immediately after they started. You have done nothing but rag and moan and complain like an old lady. They hire a CUSA or Sun Belt coach, like USF has done in the current era of football, I'm wrong. Otherwise you are. You can't accept that, SMU has deeper pockets, a better connected AD, and wants to return to its glory days and get into the P5 more than USF, than you have blinders on. They will get the best coach they can without the budget worries USF seems to have come hiring time.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

But will SMU hire a swallow?

Oh no, not another one of those ...

:facepalm:

I'll try to fit Ishtar into my next analogy ...

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Oh no, not another one of those ... :facepalm:

I'll try to fit Ishtar into my next analogy ...

IDK what that is, for real, but it's all good if you do something that's funny for a change ... B) Edited by GaUSFBull