• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Homecoming Clash With No. 22 ECU Set for 7

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,467
  • Days Won:  13

At some point, our fanbase needs to realize that college football is played on Saturday afternoons, and it's time to get used to it.  7pm was nice before we were on TV every week.  Remember how much it sucked not being able to watch at home?

Complaining about Sat afternoon games is incredibly pompous.  The only games on Sat night are the national tv games......and the ones no one cares about.

I agree 100%, Most big time schools play a lot of noon and 3:30pm games.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

We're 2-0 in night games, 0-3 in afternoon games. 7pm sounds great to me.

+1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,558
  • Days Won:  423

At some point, our fanbase needs to realize that college football is played on Saturday afternoons, and it's time to get used to it.  7pm was nice before we were on TV every week.  Remember how much it sucked not being able to watch at home?

Complaining about Sat afternoon games is incredibly pompous.  The only games on Sat night are the national tv games......and the ones no one cares about.

It's got nothing to do with being pompous for the vast majority of our fanbase. Our fanbase grew up on 7PM games. We don't have a fanbase, yet, where the majority put the game before everything else, meaning family stuff, and SaturDAY is busy day for youth sports. I think it's going to be a while before we have a fanbase where the majority realize that college football is played on Saturday afternoons, Thursday and Friday nights, and show up whenever that is.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

In this day and age there is no, "usual" start time, for games.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

This.

All programs are struggling with butts in seats, as more and more TV options are available.

Start times are whenever the network wants them to be.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  529
  • Days Won:  1

I feel that 7 pm games are better. I'm not being pompous. I prefer to watch live football in the evening in Florida. I find it more enjoyable. This is entertainment after all and the only thing at stake is being affiliated with a winning team. I guess to some people that make s them winners themselves. I guess lately anyone who feels that way has pretty much been a loser...

We should be allowed to have a preference without being labeled as self centered fans. If someone here wants us to play games against purple pirates at 3:30 because that makes the game more important to the rest of the world then good for them. They are great fans...I guess.

I go to games because I enjoy watching them, I want my team to win and I enjoy pregame gatherings and libations. 7pm just brings more favorable temperatures and less sun in my eyes at the game so I prefer it.

Edited by BullTiger

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

This.

All programs are struggling with butts in seats, as more and more TV options are available.

Start times are whenever the network wants them to be.

Exactly what I was thinking.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

I feel that 7 pm games are better. I'm not being pompous. I prefer to watch live football in the evening in Florida. I find it more enjoyable. This is entertainment after all and the only thing at stake is being affiliated with a winning team. I guess to some people that make s them winners themselves. I guess lately anyone who feels that way has pretty much been a loser...

We should be allowed to have a preference without being labeled as self centered fans. If someone here wants us to play games against purple pirates at 3:30 because that makes the game more important to the rest of the world then good for them. They are great fans...I guess.

I go to games because I enjoy watching them, I want my team to win and I enjoy pregame gatherings and libations. 7pm just brings more favorable temperatures and less sun in my eyes at the game so I prefer it.

Nice try.  Nope.  You're a pompous, arrogant fan if you prefer anything but noon or 3:30 games on Saturday.   

:D

Edited by MaltLiquorBull